can record midi on cubase but cant hear?

F

FIX

i can record midi but cant hear nothing... is there something wrong with my connections or settings in cubase sx or delta 44???
any help is appreciated... i think its the problem is coming from my delta because i dont see any signals at all when i record midi in cubase...anybody know?

ok here is my connections

midi controller(m-audio keystation 49) >>>> computer - with usb
midi controller(midi out) >>>> motif rack(midi in) - with a midi cable
motif rack>>>>computer - with usb
motif rack(analog output 1/2) >>>> delta 44 soundcard (input 1/2) - with 1/4 cables
delta 44 (out 1/2) >>> mixer >>> out to monitors

If you can record midi, but there's no playback, check the output setting on the midi-track.
Make sure it's sending to the right Midi-port and channel.

Alright, without really reading the connections part.

In cubase, midi input should be your midi controller, you select that in the midi track itself. Looks like you got that part down.

No input into the motif is necessary other than the usb connection being in place. We assume that your computer recognizes your motif as an USB midi device. So now, in the midi track, set the motif as the midi output.

ok i got my soundcard to recognize the signal...now i can play/record it and hear it but when i play it back...i dont hear nothing...

Plug in some headphones into the motif. This is the important part, don't forget to put them on.

Either that, or find a way to monitor the input on your delta. Check preferences in Cubase for monitoring.

Back