Can i use the YAMAHA RM1X instead of an MPC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chabbi4116

Hi...i own a few synths already, and Im not sure if i want to invest all that money in a MPC2000 yet. I just need a GOOOOD sequencer for my synths...i mainly make hip hop music, and heard the YAMAHA RM1X is mainly used for dance music, is it just as effective for hip hop?? How does the rm1x sequencer compare to the MPC's?? also..what is the range of BPM on the rm1x??

i'm a hiphop producer also....and i just bought a rm1x.....and i'm still waiting for it to get here......but the SOUNDS on the rm1x is made for dance i think.....not sure......but sequencing tho......it's supposed to be the best tho....i got it to sequence my asr-x pro.....so it should work with your synths.....but we need somebody else to correct both of us tho

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're just after sequencing (i.e. no sampling which the MPC does, but the RM1X doesn't) then I honestly think the only difference between them will be how they feel to you. The range of BPM and other features will be very similar, but it may be that the RM1X is laid out more for 'house' type production, rather than 'hip-hop' type production. If you can try both out and see what the difference is to you.

KasioRoks

yo kasio.....how will the rm1x work with my asr-x pro? sequencing wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back