CAD mics

hey

what do you think of the CAD GXL2200 and the GLX 2400 large diaphragm mics, their under 100 and they got some nice reviews, anybody use them?
any opinions?

Never heard them and actually never jheard of them. But I'll add that CAD has been a serious mission over the past few years and their new mics have very impeccable, low-noise ratings.
If that's an indication, then these mics might be fine.

Peace.

thanks for the reply, i knew cad is a serious mic company but the price made me think twice, reading the reviews didnt really settle my thoughts but i think ill pick these up

i gotta cad gxl2200 for about $70 cause i was on a budget. it keeps the naturalness of the voice, all you have to do is cut some of the bottom, which is easy to do. i tested it against 3 other marshall mxl series mics. all 3 of those had naturalness but no bottom. i figured it was easier for me to cut bottom than to add it. but it also depends on the type of vocals you'll be tracking. just make sure you test them things first.

i cant find them anywhere around here, only online, so thats a problem i cant really test them out, id have to rely on peoples opinions which is alrite as long as its actually peoples opinions

since it's the only mic i have for budget reasons; i use it for everything. i upgraded from the sm58 which is still use sometimes. the cad was good to me for all the singers who came my way. it's a 10 for this male R&B baritone/tenor/2nd tenor singer i'm working with now. it's a 8 for this female pop/R&B 2nd tenor/alto singer i'm producing also. it's about a 5-6 for male rap vocals cause most rappers don't have good volume & breath control. so, i add lil extra compression before recording. then, i might also cut a tad bit more bottom during mixing. so, it's best for singers; don't buy it for rappers. i never loose the naturalness of their vocals regardless of who i use it on. it's better to buy something you can listen to cause everyone's taste is different for mics. that's why commercial studios have bout 50 of them. hope this helps a lil more.

Back