building vocal booth

djsharkbite

wats happenin fp members im planing on building a booth with dimensions of 11ft long 5ft wide 8ft celing i was going to fill it with auralex studo foam and i was wondering if it is big enuf

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but foam really doesn't do much in the frequencies you're going to have problems with.

If I were you, I'd cut a corner in that room (something similar to this SMALL VOCAL BOOTH design, stud the interior and fill it with 4" 703.

That "cut corner" filled completely with *SOFT* (not rigid for a change) fiberglass is going to make a rather huge difference...

But save the foam for packing things.

11ft.. No To High Thats Higher Than A Regulation Basketball Goal..a Regulation Goal Is 10FT... You Want It 6.5Ft-7Ft ..You Want To Build It With A Thick Cardboard Like Material.. Then Fill The Whole Thing With Soundproof.. You Can Find Soundproof You Need Real Cheap On Ebay.. I Buld A Whole Room For 1500 The Material I Had Around The House I Jus Spent 1500 On Soundproof..8Ft Celling Is Absurd Cuz Most PPls Room Is 9.. The Cellin Needs To Jus Fit Over The Walls If You Use Cardboard.. I Had To Friends Holding The Walls Then Put A Celling Over It.. Cutting The Edges Off.

Last edited:
Sign Of Hate said:
11ft.. No To High Thats Higher Than A Regulation Basketball Goal..a Regulation Goal Is 10FT... You Want It 6.5Ft-7Ft ..You Want To Build It With A Thick Cardboard Like Material.. Then Fill The Whole Thing With Soundproof.. You Can Find Soundproof You Need Real Cheap On Ebay.. I Buld A Whole Room For 1500 The Material I Had Around The House I Jus Spent 1500 On Soundproof..8Ft Celling Is Absurd Cuz Most PPls Room Is 9.. The Cellin Needs To Jus Fit Over The Walls If You Use Cardboard.. I Had To Friends Holding The Walls Then Put A Celling Over It.. Cutting The Edges Off.

Mano 1:

I know this site is free, but can you start charging mofos for capital letters?

On top of that, what the hell is he talking about? :monkey:

11 feet would be a decent size for the *SHORT* wall in a vocal booth...

It's the 5-foot part that's killing him. 11x15 makes a nice booth...

I Did It

I build a Voice booth and all I used was four pieces of 9ft by 5.5Ft and I insolated it with the sound poof stuff that they but in between houses and that worked great and a lot cheaper too

Back