Building a New PC!!!

TDOT

Future Producers what's good?
I was gonna buy a MAC but I've decided to stick with PC...and I'm going to build my computer this time. Made a mistake and bought a laptop about a year ago, that is no where near as powerful as I need.

What are some essential parts to get?
Or what would your custom PC consist of?

My budget is abouht $1,500.00

$1,500 is more than enough IMO unless you are spending $500 on a graphics card.

My computer was built for $900 and is great and quiet.
A few obvious suggestions IMO:

Grab an SSD. This is where the bulk of my money would go. I never understood how big of a difference it would make until I bought one.
Corsair makes easy to install water-coolers that are ultra silent and work really well.
Get RAM that works with your motherboard. Motherboard manufacturers list the exact model #'s of RAM that they tested on each specific mobo. Get RAM that is on that list.
Get a quiet PSU.
Get a case that has flexibility. I have the Corsair Carbide 500R (in black). I had to replace one of the case fans as its noise was annoying, but other than that, had plenty of room, came with everything I needed, has an easy mount for hard drives, and tons of cable management built in. Also has a fan speed switch so you can turn it up when doing something intensive, turn them down when you want the PC to be quiet. Corsair also provided an area at the top specifically for their H100 and other dual-sized water coolers which is nice.

Did I mention how awesome having a silent computer is?

Anyways, just be sure to do your research on the parts. Obviously, just about every product has at least one good and one negative review so its hard to judge. Read up on the negative reviews and try to research them if you can (doesn't work with _____, too loud, etc). Make sure that you have RAM that isn't faster than what Intel supports. If you use a 1600 MHz RAM on an Intel IVY Bridge CPU, they won't cover any damages that happen. Same with overclocking, etc.

SSD's are very important, if oyu are going for a MUSIC production pc get as fast RAM as possible. "
[h=1]AVEXIR Core Series (Blue LED) 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel 240-pin DDR3 2800 (PC3 22400) Desktop Memory Module Model AVD3U28001204G-2CI "[/h]is very good, i have used avexir before. fast reliable ram. you wont need more than 8 GB's ever. unless you are rendering millions of audio files while doing 3d graphics design and rendering other shit too.

for a cpu id suggest an i7 6 core such as the "Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K "
intel makes great CPU's but always make sure your motherboard socket matches the CPU socket, i made that mistake when building my first pc. a GPU just get an AMD Radeon HD 7 series, any will do but the higher the number the better they are and make sure its a 2gb graphics card.
other than that thats pretty much all you need, if you want i can put together a pc part list within your budget and send it to you, just pm me and let me know.

I will disagree with the RAM suggestion above for a few reasons,

Most motherboards don't support such high RAM speeds in the first place. Second off, Intel automatically underclocks RAM. So in order to use any speed above 1333MHz you have to manually overclock it. And as I stated above, Intel does not honor their warranty if you use a higher speed RAM, even if you haven't overclocked it, and even though it automatically underclocks it. I had this happen to a friend, so when I purchased my RAM I actually personally contacted Intel to make sure they weren't going to short me my warranty for any of the parts I chose.

overclocking isnt really all that hard, im sure with a budget like his he can have enough money left over to pay someone to overclock his cpu and whatnot for him, although ive never had to overclock my cpu to utilize all my ram.

Back