Building a home studio any equipment suggestions?

P

PimpinQwin

Im building a home studio so far im planning on getting a roland g6 and a roland mv-8800.Do any of you guys have suggestions on mixers,recorders,etc?

Im getting the g6 keyboard and the mv8800 sampler,is that a bad decision?

Im new to this,do you have a suggestion for a good controller?

Lol, you really need to do your research before you go spending thousands of dollars on a studio. First, what type of music do you wanna make? What producers/artists do you like?

Second, what do you have already? How much are you willing to spend?

Third, are you gonna just be composing, or do you wanna record vocals?

Try to be as detailed as possible w/ what you want and it'll be easier to help you.

My suggestion is, whatever you wind up getting... become a MASTER at it.
B/c at the end of the day, that's what matters most.

Im starting off with just composing rap beats,this is a part of my research.I have about 10 grand right now but im tryna figure out the best equip to buy

1. Take music Theory (475)

2. Buy a Computer with a good Interface (1500)

2a. Get a Good set of programs to start with (Cubase, Live, Sonar, Pro-Tools (200-500)

3. Buy a good all around controller (Axiom 61, Novation SL61) (300-600)

4. a Roland and Motif Rack (3000)

5. Get your Room where You do music "Treated" (600)

6. Get a Good set of Monitors (Yamaha HS80, Mackie HR824)(900-1700)

7. Practice and STUDY!!!!!!!

Total: 6975.00 - 8075.00 +/- 3000

Last edited:
but i think if u buy one motif XS,u can save the money in buyin a roland and a controller...coz it do the effect of both...ie (roland+motif rack+controller)=motif XS...then buy cubase....if u need anything from roland,try Reason refills of roland keyboars....thats all...

Fantom G or Motif XS6, You need a MPC 4000, get your self a synth also go to guitar center try a few out get what you like. Then I'd buy everything used so if you sell you can get your money back!

Yor going to need Pro Tools or Logic to record. Go Mac!! You can put a killer TDM Pro Tools rig together for about $2000 even less then that. Beat a 001, 002, or 003 anyday. Plus you can get cracked plugins for that rig. I can send you the specs how to put it togther! you'll have hell of plug-ins for free!!!!

I've put a few studios togther. What are you trying to do exactly(produce, record, both)????

Yor going to need Pro Tools or Logic to record. Go Mac!! You can put a killer TDM Pro Tools rig together for about $2000 even less then that. Beat a 001, 002, or 003 anyday. Plus you can get cracked plugins for that rig. I can send you the specs how to put it togther! you'll have hell of plug-ins for free!!!!

(produce, record, both)????
Your advice is a bit misleading. Your saying you can get HD1(cheapest at 96) for less than 2 Gs. That system runs 7-8 grand, and even if you swapped an old mbox you'd still be paying 3.5-4 grand just for the core system. Then you gotta by the 96 interface which is a bit less than 2 grand. The full 96 TDM rig would cost you 5 grand with all the discounts and that's with trading in an old interface.

I could be reading you post wrong but if you can get a PT TDM rig for under $2000, please PM me.

Your advice is a bit misleading. Your saying you can get HD1(cheapest at 96) for less than 2 Gs. That system runs 7-8 grand, and even if you swapped an old mbox you'd still be paying 3.5-4 grand just for the core system. Then you gotta by the 96 interface which is a bit less than 2 grand. The full 96 TDM rig would cost you 5 grand with all the discounts and that's with trading in an old interface.

I could be reading you post wrong but if you can get a PT TDM rig for under $2000, please PM me.

I said a TDM rig not an HD rig. TDM System using 888/24's, Mix core/Farm cards, and a G4 Mac.

Back