Booth Plans???

I'm converting a walk in closet into a booth and.. I am planning on floating the floors with U-Boats, building floor out of 2x4, adding sand and insulation then covering up with some ply wood. After that I'm going to cover the whole closet with Mass Load Vinyl, add ply wood on top of the floor again, cover that with carpet. And finish it all off by adding acoustic foam all around and on the ceiling.

Am I missing anything? Or does all of this sound correct to you guys on FP??

Sounds like bit of an overkill for a closet.. what are you using for monitors? Do you plan on recording vocals?

It does sound like a lot if you will only be recording vocal tracks. It's basically high end ring, flutter echo and acoustic reverb that you want to kill. Depending on the construction, if there are low end problems, there are steps to mitigate.

What about performer comfort? Is it hot? Cold? Do you need to install a fan or an A/C duct?
Nobody gives their best performance when they are dehydrating or freezing, or are having trouble breathing.

GJ

I ended up just putting up acoustic foam with staple gun, sounds great but it is a little warm and hard to stay in there long. What do you guys think I should do for that?

See above. May need a vent installed as well just to pass air. On-the-cheap, you could run a portable fan until you are ready to record, then have the client turn it off before tracking.

GJ

Back