Better keyboard setup? :::

B

Badtz

Anyone have any opinions about the productivity/useability between a 76 & 61 key keyboard?

i'm trying to debate between these two setups, and don't know which one to go with :(

Evolution MK-261 (61 key)
*using the programmable knobs

versus

Roland A-37 and buy a controller [like kenton control freak]
*76 key

i like the look of the evolution better, and would definitely go with that, but it's 61-key..... :( ???

any comments would be appreciated!

Obviously it depends on what music your gonna make..but myself, being hiphop, I wouldnt go with a keyboard. Just get a sampler...unless your gonna make some of that dance pop crap ...:D

The only people that really need large keyboards are those playing comlpex pieces over a large range of notes (piano pieces, orchestral pieces etc). With a smaller keyboard, you just shift the octaves using your sequencer (or the keyboard itself if it has the buttons - most do) so that you can still access all the notes from C0 to C8. Personally I'd go with the Roland keyboard anyway - its much better quality.

i guess i like the new evolution because of the onboard control knobs.................. & the blue led.

anywho, do you have any suggestions of control units to match up with the roland a-37?

also, is there any benefits into usin' a usb keyboard instead?

Back