best Vsti for hip hop ?

Dr SNAKE

hi, i produce hip hip music & i need orchestral type of Vsti's ...i have nexus & hypersonic 2...i was wondering if you guys can recommend others ??

Producing orchestral sound is pretty hard and it takes a lot of time because it has to sound realistic.
The best thing to do is to learn how to really use a VST to do what you really want. Basicly, you can try with any synth.
For example, is use FM8 to produce some violin sounds, even though this VST is designed for artificial synth song, i've reach a pretty realistic sound, the mix will also be really important ( for exemple use a reverb and sidechain it to a mute kick to create a "breathe" effect).
Absynth is pretty good too for that kind of use, because it's very complete (and pretty difficult to use too).

But the master word is to know your VST.

Hi, I guess if it's about orchestral hits simply you may find yourself better if going for samples and after tuning pitching them in the tune you need with one of the many audio editors/ audio pitchshifter plugins available for free. CAn be a way. Otherwise you have to lighten your wallet and go for some orchestral sound sets maybe as MIroslav that in this period sometimes can be found at a cheap offer, or spend more money on some native instruments.
Or if you want to save money, look in the web about free sfz orchestral files (there are many, you have just to spend some time digging and looking around) to be played with a sfz free player as Sforzando, a pretty good one.
Cheers
Diego

Get Edirol Orchestral and you will be pretty happy. Unless you aren't the type to spend hours learning how to make it realistic. Only other option would be to get a sample like Sample Tank, UVI Workstation(free) or Kontakt and then you can choose if you wanna buy an orchestral sample pack somewhere or make your own. I say do both and get more sounds under your shoulder.

Back