Best Sound Card For Recording

if you are on a mac, the motu 2408 is one of the most flexible interfaces around. ive got one but i don't advise using it on the pc. the drivers are buggy.

check out the RME stuff. they sound cards sound great and dont cost too much. im gettin ready to scoop up their cardbus interface and their digital I/O box for my mobile setup.

Did you check out the link to the lynx cards?

Give the mixtreme a look also:

http://www.sydec.be

I had the original one with a few breakout boxes before. Very high quality stuff.

And mlp, what issues did you have with the MOTU 2408 on PC? I have the MKI and MKII and have no issues with them.

if cost is no issue i'd pick up an RME 96/52 card and then some apogee rosetta 800 converters then an apogee big ben to clock the system.

as for my motu stuff, it has recently put me in DAW hell. ive had to turn down a TON of work because of it. my 2408 randomly flakes out. it will work fine for a few days to a week, then i fire up my rig and i get a "found new hardware" message. check my device manager and sure enough a big ugly question mark on my PCI slot. i have to uninstall the card and software, reboot, reinstall the software, reinstall the card. its a pain. i finally got ahold of motu and for a fee of 50 bucks they are gonna replace my 424 card. i know a few guys with similar problems on their pcs and a few who have no problems. its seems that motu and the PC is hit or miss.

yeah, it blows. ive had to turn a lot of work this year because of this ****. i had a client come over to the house to give me some stuff he wanted me to put loops on. my rig HAD been working so i fired it up popped his session disk in and........."found new hardware". i had to run through the uninstall/install process in front of him. talk about looking unprofessional.

thanks for the compliment. i guess they not too bad. they are the first ones i ever used a computer/software for.

i would stay away from the creative sound cards. afaik they do not support ASIO drivers, i may be wrong though.

m audio makes some good budget sound cards.

Emu is part of Creative, in a sense yes. But it's not really considered creative.

The new emu line of soundcards look pretty good. I haven't had a chance to try them though.

yo whats a decent soundcard, for a reasonable price? 4 hip hop recording.

so is there a soundcard thats good yet wit has a reasonable price?

Back