Best Monitors under $1700?

M

more

I'm looking at the precisions (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/603279/) for 1300 but theres some on ebay for 700 something. They just look sharp as hell and smooth. I'm not getting them yet but thats my number one choice. 2nd would be something cheap like the beringher truths or studiophiles but I don't wanna be cheap since monitors r s'pose to be the heart of a studio.
Any suggestions.

My Dear God $1700 is a kickass budget for monitors. I haven't even researched monitors that high in price before. Someone'll help you out tho.......... $1700, damn, lol.

-Donovan

haha. I know thats alot, I just want to make sure its all I'll ever need for at least 10 years. I just did a search and read that less than 500 is a low end 4 producers and the monitors are the heart. I got an E-mu 1820m and all I need are the right monitors and maybe a better pre amp. I'm going to have to get on a hell of a grind in order to pull it off but it'll be worth it.

I usually judge my purchases on how good I am. I'm not the best piano player, but needed a keyboard to bang out beats, w/ mixers, and I'm taking piano classes, so I only spent $200 on it. I've sang all my life, so I went for the most expensive pre and mic I could afford at the time... If you're worth the $1700 monitors, go for it. Just don't overspend and then sell em in 8 months on eBay..

-Donovan

Mackie HR824

Go in GC with $1100 and you should be able to walk out with them - should not be more than $1200 besides what the list is .

aite. The monitors wont be for just me though. I'll let other cats use it as well. Maybe have a lil studio joint and make a small dollar off of that. Hopefully, w/o going thru gov. stuff. But thats a good point that you made. I'll take that into consideration

erbium said:
Mackie HR824

Go in GC with $1100 and you should be able to walk out with them - should not be more than $1200 besides what the list is .
aite. I'll check those out

Genelic A8030's.
They've been voted the best monitors of 2004 in Future Music magazine.
I've got them at home and i do think they're fantastic.
But then again, i've never used anything else

those mackie 824's are great. I got the event tr-8 they are excelent also for only like $500. Blue Sky is a great pair of monitor's from what my engineer tells me. But I would go with the Event TR-8 or if I felt like spending more cash I would get the mackie or the Blue sky . I would compare them going back and fourth between the both of them.

don't sleep on those genlec monitor's they are also top of the line. It all boils down to what you plan on spending.

Back