Best MIXER for recording?

point3god

I'm especially looking for Mackie, Yamaha and Behringer...Somewhere in the 200, maybe 300 range...12 or 14 channels MAX...Any suggestions???

Im also shopping for a mixer anything in the 600 - 1000ish range for me.
Mackie 1604 VLZ pro vs Yamaha MG16/6FX any others I should check out?

point3god said:
I'm especially looking for Mackie, Yamaha and Behringer...Somewhere in the 200, maybe 300 range...12 or 14 channels MAX...Any suggestions???

I'd reccomend picking up a USED Mackie considering ur price range thats all you'll be able to afford. Maybe a 1402 which sounds like the size you are wanting. Im not a big fan of Behringher, though they make good stuff if you are severely budgeted (aka poor) and just need something now. I used to own a behringer mixer and it did me fine for a small period of time but I outgrew it quick and could sense the lack of quality. So when I got my mackie it was like night and day just about in all aspects. Just more quality of a product, and better sound, build and everything-

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ok...Behringer is out of the picture. How does the Mackie DFX mixers compare to the Yamaha MG's?....
And how do the pre's in the DFX compare to the pre's of the VLZ?

Im not sure but I bet if you go the Mackie website they will have some info on that. The VLZ pre's are good, with the new XDR being a little better of a step up. No experience with Yamaha mixers, but I like their products in general-

Back