best midi controller for price

MRT1212

i am lookin to get a midi controller for a second computer running soft synths...

so for the price and keyboard, what are the best ones

midi controler

I just picked up a midi-man Oxygen8 it is small but good for basic midi control. Comes with 8 progamable knobs so you get good hands on for your software synths.
I am using mine to control an ES1 and all seems good so-far price is good at $139

thank you sqaure...nowwww as for the rest of you shmucks out there! 65 views and one reply? unnacceptable!

If you are looking for a keyboard do check out the Midiman Oxygen 8. Evolution is putting out a new line of controllers with keys and knobs too.

evolution_triplekeys.jpg

If you are looking for knobs look at Encore Electronics - Knobby, Kenton - Control Freak Live, Doepfer - Pocket Control and Pocked Dial, and Keyfax - Phatboy. For sliders look at the Encore - Slidemate, Doepfer - Slide Mate, and Kenton - Control Freak Original.

These suggestions are taking into consideration minimal investment of capital. If you want to spend around a thousand usd you can check out others like the CM Automation - Motor Mix. Maybe you should consider getting a synth like the Novation K Station that has sounds and lots of knobs for possible midi control.

Oh and check this out: Niche - Automation Station, it has been discontinued and now costs $150 at audiomidi.com

as_lg.jpg

-Gene

$180 US, w/ shipping from audio-midi.com bout 205. Again, have yet to set it up, but in theory it can be assigned to anything w/in any program, in theory. I'll let ya know...

Laj

If your willing to spend a bit extra money than the evolution stuff, I suggest the Roland A-37 - feels like a piano, but doesn't cost as much as those types of controllers

If playing feel isn't important to you than surely the Evolution stuff is top notch for a budget

for those still looking to get themselves a nice setup for controlling every aspect of their production and/or live set, these a a couple of nice affordable options, and the best thing is, they all work fine simultaniously !!!
i just ordered an
M-AUDIO 25 (3d gen) = for 80 euro's,
is a sweet little thing for its price, easy to map the faders to whatever DAW you are using !(i am going to use it for bass & synths in live & reason)

i also use an AKAI 24 (about 170 euro )
(to trigger samples & rex in reason , rewired to live suite8) and an AKAI APC 20
(the live controller,for about 180 euro's which is really nice !)

and i use the KORG NANO KONTROl (only 50 earo's) to controle different effect channels & settings
the four controllers will put you back less than 600 euro's but will give you live, realtime controle of every aspect of your project, this is really nice for playing live sets , but also a nice way to play around , experiment and take many different versions of the tunes you are working on !!!!

I recently got an M-Audio Keystudio 49 for £30/$50 on ebay which i think is a great price for a great controller.

Back