best digital 8-track

W

wkiw

hey yall im in the market for a digital 8-track to make some lil underground music and i wanted to get some ideas about some of the better rigs available.
i dont need anything that spanky just something that will allow me to experiement and learn as i go
i would like to get something that has some power as far as memory goes and something that would be with me for awhile
so here i come to the pros with all my hopes in my pocket heheh
what im doing is alot of space music to fill in behind spoken word, im going to produce poetry to make my first million hahaha
seriously i will only be recording voice and background music at first but may move into recording dj and deep house... so help me out and ill give you all the credit at the grammies hahaha
thanks
wkiw

The Fostex MR-8 is a pretty good 8 track. That is what I use and it is reasonable price also. You may want to purchase a bigger memory card because the one they supply is only 128MB. Sound quality is pretty good also.

If you're planning to spend more than $700, I'd suggest getting a computer with a good soundcard. You can do much more with that. If it's portability you're looking for, get a lap top. Most of the inexpensive 8-tracks use a media card of some sort and you might find yourself spending more on cards than you had initially wanted to.

Back