Behringer MX2442A Eurodesk Mixer ..... worthy of my $549.99?

K

KokaineWhite

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...=live/s=mixers/search/detail/base_pid/631213/

I produce HipHop and Rock music for several local artists. I have been using a digital multi-track recorder, but I want to move up to a semi-professional level (basically so i can charge more for studio time bwahahaha). If anyone has any experience with this mixer or could help me out and let me know if it is a good one, please feel free to let me know.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't like Behringer stuff personally. I've used this desk before and I think it's a bit poo to be honest. It's a total rip of the Mackie 24-8.. but it;s well plastic looking / feeling.

Plus its noisy as hell.

How is the sound in comparison to the mackie. Basically are the preamps just as quiet as the mackie preamps?

The Eurodesk 9000 is the close copy to the mackie and runs 1300.00

Personally, I love mine. Damn quiet, eq is very usuable but sensitiive. And I would never think of trading it for a Mackie. Who cares if they copied Mackies design. You should look at how many different high end copies are out there of the Urei compressors and preamps.

The faders are a little lose feeling but I am quicly learning to live with it and some people are plaqued by power supply failures especially if it is closed in and allowed to get hot.

It amazes me that people buy Behringer products and then ***** about them. They are low cost and with that comes some occasional problems. All low cost gear comes with their defeciencies.

If you want a Mackie then spend the extra money and get one, but they have their problems too. Mackie 28/8's and 32/8's are known for constant failures in the faders.

The 1604 is known for its "not so hot preamps"

Behringer is low cost, sometimes fail and customer support is sometimes lacking, but I can certainly say that what I own I would'nt give up for the world because dollar for dollar nothing compares. And mine have yet to give me an ounce of problems. Two pieces I have owned for almost 4 years and put through a lot of use.

Guys think about this one. (Not directed at you Tim20)

I am not sure if it was Behringer, but someone was sued I think for making (if that constitutes making that is) a board that was pretty much the same as a Mackie. I really don't remember well, but the point is the same. now if the boards are the same, and one is brand name and the other is not. And the former costs considerably more than the latter, what would you choose?

If I'm getting pretty close to the same thing, I'll go with the cheaper alternative of course. Unless you like reading Mackie on your mixer or another name then by all means spend your money on it.:D

The MX9000 for example, I have read a lot of good things on it. I have even considered getting one from the good things I have read. The included meter bridge is a plus. I have also looked at the Mackie sr line too. I'm not in a rush to purchase a new mixer, but the MX9000 is definitely a consideration on my list.

Take that as anyone will.

Sleepy I love my Eurodesk 9000.

Yeah I have heard the stories about the law suit but can't find anything on it. The rest of the story I heard was that the thing was settled and they are still making the same model.

Gibson went after Epiphone ( I believe) years ago for making the copy of Les Paul. They finally settled and Epiphone was licensed to make/sell the copies. About the only difference in them is 600 dollars. For the 600 more you get a little better quality control in finish, the pickups are slightly better and of course you get the Gibson name.

Behringer takes a lot of bad rap, but I have yet to get anything terrible from them. I needed a cheap reverb for making the vocals a little wet while recording. No intention of actually recording the reverb. I picked up the Virtualizer Pro for 129.00 and now love it. Some of the reverbs imho are very easily on par with my Waves reverbs.

I will say their tube gear is not real tube gear and should be left alone. I think the tube is there just to look pretty.:D

Geez I had to edit a few spelling errors. Wow I need my eyes checked again.:cry:

Last edited:
Tim20 said:
I think the tube is there just to look pretty.:D

LMAO!

I will give the mixer serious thought.:)

Sorry for discussing this in your thread KokaineWhite. Unless this helped which in that case, you're welcome.:p

Back