Behringer DDX3216 Mixer

the ddx3216 is not the normal behringer product. i have heard of people having problems with them (the early version) . but i had mine for years. and comparing it to a low rent analog mixer is like comparing apples and oranges it was in the range ( price and features) of the old yamaha 01v witch i thiink was a litte better , but it is sill a solid board to work on

undadog said:
the ddx3216 is not the normal behringer product. i have heard of people having problems with them (the early version) . but i had mine for years. and comparing it to a low rent analog mixer is like comparing apples and oranges it was in the range ( price and features) of the old yamaha 01v witch i thiink was a litte better , but it is sill a solid board to work on

for good digital mixers look at yamaha or tascam. Behringer is rather crappy and this model has a lot of softwareproblems.

I'd much rather go for the DDX over a small cheap'ish analog console for the routing posibilities of the digital mixer alone.

Other small analog consoles are not going to be a big improvement if any improvement at all.

Hi there.

As you can see Behringer is good AND bad at the sametime.
I own a DDX now for quite some time now too (3years or so?) and actually use it just as a central Station for in and outgoing signals. Mixing is all done in CUBASE.
I say:
If you are on a budget its the best you can get to start with.
If you want to upgrade Mic-Preamps later then go out and buy some with ADAT connection possibilities so you go around the "crappy" Behringer Preamp.

My setup:
Behringer DDX3216
PC with RME Hammerfall 9652 connected thru 16ch ADAT and sync thru Wordclock (Behringer as slave).

To start with you have a decent Mixer with alot of features and later you have a great input / output Station. What do you want more? ;-)

GreetZ
Jan

Back