Thread: Behringer DDX3216 Mixer

Thanks

Behringer DDX3216 Mixer

Sign in to disable this ad
    Started doin my research on the studio. Thus far, i met sumbody dat uses a Behringer DDX3216 and is willin 2 show me the ropes.

He claims dat it's wun ov da best n its a good start. just thot i'd share da manual i found n am readin through. Do yall got any suggestions/reservations, otha reading material on dis?

http://www.behringerdownload.de/DDX3..._ENG_Rev_B.zip

Thanks
    Behringer is one of the worst. Cheap products with a cheap sound.

Thanks
    so what u suggest???

Thanks
    I have the Yamaha MG102 10-Channel, 4-Bus Mixer. It's not the best, but it is way better than any Behringer mixer that I have heard and it won't break your bank.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--YAMMG102

Thanks
    the ddx3216 is not the normal behringer product. i have heard of people having problems with them (the early version) . but i had mine for years. and comparing it to a low rent analog mixer is like comparing apples and oranges it was in the range ( price and features) of the old yamaha 01v witch i thiink was a litte better , but it is sill a solid board to work on
    You want to sound like who????

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by undadog
    the ddx3216 is not the normal behringer product. i have heard of people having problems with them (the early version) . but i had mine for years. and comparing it to a low rent analog mixer is like comparing apples and oranges it was in the range ( price and features) of the old yamaha 01v witch i thiink was a litte better , but it is sill a solid board to work on
    for good digital mixers look at yamaha or tascam. Behringer is rather crappy and this model has a lot of softwareproblems.

Thanks
    name one software glitch that this unit has now
    You want to sound like who????

Thanks
    I'd much rather go for the DDX over a small cheap'ish analog console for the routing posibilities of the digital mixer alone.

Other small analog consoles are not going to be a big improvement if any improvement at all.

Thanks
    Hi there.

As you can see Behringer is good AND bad at the sametime.
    I own a DDX now for quite some time now too (3years or so?) and actually use it just as a central Station for in and outgoing signals. Mixing is all done in CUBASE.
    I say:
    If you are on a budget its the best you can get to start with.
    If you want to upgrade Mic-Preamps later then go out and buy some with ADAT connection possibilities so you go around the "crappy" Behringer Preamp.

My setup:
    Behringer DDX3216
    PC with RME Hammerfall 9652 connected thru 16ch ADAT and sync thru Wordclock (Behringer as slave).

To start with you have a decent Mixer with alot of features and later you have a great input / output Station. What do you want more? ;-)

GreetZ
    Jan

Thread Information