Beat Transfer

L

looneytoon

I have a digital recorder and I need to know how to transfer a beat from a CD or my computer into the recorder. I have a Roland VS-1680. There is a specific piece of equipment ubt I dont know what it's called and that's what I'm trying to figure out. Looked like a CD burner made for the recorder but I'm not sure. If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Line out of CD player/computer to line in of multitrack.

What sort of connection do i use? Theres a little rectangle looking connector. Ill post a pic if you dont know what im talking about

Sounds like you would use an external (usb) CD Burner.

edit: but like mungo said you could just run an audio line out from yoru sound card to the audio in of you recorder.

Last edited:
there is no usb port in the recorder..there is a SCSI connection and MIDI..the burner made for the recorder connects with the SCSI so i guess id have to use that..the thing is if i do that i dunno if id be able to actually send data into the recorder..and if i do it from the computer or CD player what kind of connection do i use?

Only workstation or sampler I know of that does audio extraction is the Yamaha Ax000 series.

Well I went to this guys home studio and he had a Roland and put a CD into the burner i guess and recorded the beat from the CD to the recorder onto a separate track

They dont make this model anymore so they dont have this unit on their website anymore..checked long ago

looneytoon said:
there is no usb port in the recorder..there is a SCSI connection and MIDI..the burner made for the recorder connects with the SCSI so i guess id have to use that..the thing is if i do that i dunno if id be able to actually send data into the recorder..and if i do it from the computer or CD player what kind of connection do i use?

Guess I need to stay out of grown peoples conversations. Lol!

Back