Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basslines?

Thanks

Basslines?

Sign in to disable this ad
    What is a good program or synth to produce the best Basslines?

Thanks
    Studio Electronics Omega 8

if you want the very best (if there is a "real" "best")

minimoog

sequencial circuits Pro One or Prophet 5

Arp Odyssey

A good ole Fender Jazz Bass with kickass mics and good amp/preamp combo along with

most analog synths (not talking modelisation, not things like nord lead if you want the "best", thing's not bad tho)

Roland TB303 eventually (the only thing in the list under $2000, if you can find one)

here ya go, I hope you got loads of $$$ most of the stuff up there is over 2000, 3000, 4000 even 5000 bucks a piece, but you asked for the best.
    [url=http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=52730]Haddock Hybrid Beatz - Allergik Hermit[/url]

Thanks
    WAY THE **** OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE!!!!!
    first I should ask how do i construct a bassline then i will decide if i need to pursue "the best" cause of now im still learning and at the moment i don't know how I've created a few but there uhmm bass guitar style im wondering how do i make other varieties ie no "(plucking)"sounding ones
    make sence?

Thanks
    so you really should get a real electric bass, you can find decent ones for 200$ used or new

it's not really hard to play, I mean, there's no specific technique you have to learn before you can actually play it, just cut your fingernails and play it.

it's actually cool so you get to understand how string instruments work, so it's not a loss anyway.

if you like electro bass sounds, there's the sequencial circuits pro one, that can be found between $200/$600 price range (paid mine $500 but I'm in europe so they might be cheaper in US), I'm using that one for bass, leads, and also as an analog filter for all my other instruments (it has an audio input).

I'm not into plugins but I never heard any that was as good as either a real bass either a good ole analog synth.
    [url=http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=52730]Haddock Hybrid Beatz - Allergik Hermit[/url]

Thanks
    as for beuilding a bass line (I assume its for hip hop/groove tracks) there's one "rule" to make it easier (you don't have to stick to the rule everytime, but it's good if you begin with that):

stick to the bassdrum, build your bassline on the bassdrum sequence, you can give or take a few notes but basically, use the bassdrum sequence to build your bassline.

then there's a little "trick" (well, call it a trick unless you're used to jazz music and harmony)

if you get some chord, you don't have to put the bass that "goes" with the chord, for example, you got a

CM7 chord (C/E/G/B)

on that chord you can put a bass in C so it's a CM7

but for example, if you play your bass in A on the same chord, it becomes an Am9

depending on how your chords grid is built you can make some of those "tricks" to get it to another flavour.

but again that's music theory, learning it would be a good thing overall, if you don't already know about it.

Thanks
    thanks but......
    I just finished saying i dont want a plucked sound ie bass guitar

Thanks
    so look for some oldschool monophonic synth

scequencial Pro One is dope

I had a microkorg for a few months too, wasn't bad either but it's not real analog.

Thanks
    If you cant affor expensive synths you could always do what a lot of hip-hop producers do, and just sample an 808 kick drum and make your bass from that...

Thanks
    el cheapo....i would go with a microkorg....or a used korg ms2000 (even new the rack version is around 500)

or a emu mophatt sound module(or even proteous)-there are some good presets, and you can use the filters to create some original sounds. The basic sub bass is very nice. Plus you will get some good hiphop drums. There is a sine wav sample on there where youc an add to any bass to really get it to boom.

go to http://www.hollowsun.com/vintage/
    click on the synth, and look for the download link. Its all free. It says its for the mpc series, but it will work in any sampler. or youcan translate the format.

and download the free moog bass multisamples..they are in .wav format.plus there are some more bass samples.
    Last edited by ezekiel cyrus; 12-30-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks
    thanks alot man I'll look into that peace!

Thread Information