Bass traps and room acoustics

R

redemption

would it help it have a sub with my mackies ?
Im recording in a small room with a opening I truly need to close up becuase I feel I losing sound .
when I get back Home im going to have my setup in the basment and was wondering what would be the best set up for bass traps and room acoustics ?
also say if I dont use Bass traps and room acoustics would it be a wast of time producing traxs without it?

Nah, it wouldn't be a waste of time, just harder. If your trying to improve your mixing, than you should treat the room. When you have an untreated, you won't hear the frequencies properly. Your mixing will only be as good as your monitoring area. Bass traps will definetly help with your acoustics. Stack them from top to bottom in all corners and in a few more trouble spots (back wall, etc..) and it should make a big difference.

Last edited:
cool thanks for the post...
could you show me a link to somthing that I could buy ..:cool: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!
so you realy dont have to put this stuff up all over the walls?

but I guess the best thing would be to get somone who knows how to set this up the right way!

redemption said:
so you realy dont have to put this stuff up all over the walls?
I'll answer that question with a question -

Have you *ever* seen a professional studio with foam all over the walls?

Although it's basically a rhetorical question, the answer is "no" for the most part. Bass traps, certainly (although most studios tend to build in the low end management during construction and then just tweak it after).

Get the low end under control and you control everything. When you don't control the low end, you control nothing.

Back