Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ayo im a newbie yo whats the deal about cubase

Thanks

Ayo im a newbie yo whats the deal about cubase

Sign in to disable this ad
    i currently use fruityloops and i heard cubase is a great uprade i neeed to info about cubase

Germany (no, I'm not wearing leather trousers)
    Thanks
    Steinbergs Cubase is an audio/midi sequencing software with many powerful features like FX-PlugIns, Rewire or VST Instruments etc. Try the Steinberg Homepage, Google and the great Search function on this site for more info.

Shad
    -------------------------------------------
    Peace

Thanks
    If you have no midi controller and no outtboard midi gear of nice VST instruments, it won't serve you too well for making beats but it will for multi-tracking.

Thanks
    If you're still new to production, I highly recommend checking out the demo of Tracktion before making your sequencer decision.

Tracktion works, for me, exactly how I want a sequencer to work. If I want a loop to play, I drag the audio onto a track and then specify how often I want it to repeat. If I want to effect it, drag a plug-in down and drop it on to the end of the track. Everything is visible on the main screen, one of the design decisions is to do away with having to track information across multiple displays. I find the interface clean and easy to follow...in fact, I find that I barely notice the interface, which is the biggest compliment I can pay it.

Don't be put off by its relative newness either...it offers plug-in delay compensation, track freezing, ReWire... The author hangs out on the forum at K-v-R and has been known to make bug fixes available within hours of their being reported. And it's only US$80, which is just amazing.

Highly recommended!
    - alex23 -
    "Then I saw her face and I got this weird, deep sickly churning in my stomach; she looked exactly like George W. and I realised 'Phark, it is her'. George W's daughter going nuts to We Want Your Soul, miming the words." [Adam Freeland]

Thanks
    Sleepy, you can easily create beats on the fly using the piano roll edit page and pencilling in the notes, but I agree a decent midi controller keyboards or drum pads would be far more expressive. The trance heads actually program their beats using the piano roll edit and grid edit pages as they cant begin to play keys or pads at 180bpm.

Thanks
    Sorry Sleepy, but Cubase has extensive beat making capabilities. It has functionality akin to apps like Recycle and the sequencer is as versatile, if not better, than most dedicated sequencing software apps.

SkyZu Ent: Cubase is, to a large extent, powered by VST effects and instruments. There are thousands that can be downloaded free off the net so you won't have any trouble finding sounds to work with.

Read the manual! unlike fruityloops cubase is not a setup and go program. Its intuitive and you need to learn the functionality, but once you know it, it makes most other music apps obsolete.

My point is cubase is not in anyway, shape or form, an upgrade from fruityloops.

if fruityloops is a steak, cubase is the whole cow.

peac
    Paul Rez
    [img]http://www.humanizer.co.za/humanizer.gif[/img]
    www.humanizer.co.za

Thanks
    How does Cuabase compare to Sonar Producer?
    I'm looking to buy one or the other in the next week or so. Please try to keep it as objective as possible.

I have:
    AMD 966 Mhz
    256 RAM
    30 gig IDE drive
    Sound Blaster Live Platinum (don't laugh!)
    MIDI Interface (future)

Thanks
    How does Cuabase compare to Sonar Producer?
    I'm looking to buy one or the other in the next week or so. Please try to keep it as objective as possible.

I have:
    AMD 966 Mhz
    256 RAM
    30 gig IDE drive
    Sound Blaster Live Platinum (don't laugh!)
    MIDI Interface (future)

Thanks
    ^^ u ever think about Going to the Sites and checking them both out Spec wise? and you will need a better Card man, you will Experience latency City with that live

Thanks
    Originally posted by Cyko
    ^^ u ever think about Going to the Sites and checking them both out Spec wise? and you will need a better Card man, you will Experience latency City with that live
    specs don't really mean much if you dont have a grounding in the program.
    Personally i use cubase/nuendo always have. i tried logic out a few times but to be honest it didnt seem 'logical'. however friends who do use it claim it is better that cubase.
    With the new features in cubase sx 2 and nuendo 2.1 though, you'd b hardpressed to find a better sequencer/mixer/multitracker imo.

Thread Information