audiophile 2496 issues

S

shawng25

I have a
dell dimension 2400 series
audiophile 2496 soundcard
behringer truth b2030a's
FL Studio 6

I think this is simple, I want to hook up my monitors directly to the soundcard. I was like ok, I need 1/4" to rca cables, simple enough. I've been to various online stores and they seem to have what I'm to have what i'm looking for, I think. My question is, which ones do I actually need?
www.musiciansfriend.com/product/General/Accessories/Cables?sku=333034

or

www.musiciansfriend.com/product/General/Accessories/Cables?sku=339031

or if anyone has any suggestions, i'll gladly appreciate it, thanks.

You definitely dont want that first one. You want the steroe channels coming out of your rca jacks on your soundcard to remain seperate stereo channels, so you can hook each one up to a sepereate monitor.

look at something like this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/General/Accessories/Cables?sku=339009

the second link you posted might also work, if you got two of them.

i would suggest you look into getting a mixer to run your soundcard ins and outs through, improve your signal.

A mixer would improve greatly plus room for expansioin in the future. Yes that mixer will work perfectly for what you want to do. I use a behringer mixer from my sound cards to my monitors. They only thing about those mixers i've heard so far is that the mic pre's suck but i dont think they are too bad especially if YOU wont even be using a mic?!??

^ the thing about a mixer like that, is you get what you pay for. but if you are just trying to connect your soundcard and your monitors, that will work perfectly.

if you are going to want to be able to record a high quality signal, then your going to have to spend more.

What about the new serie's behringer mixer's? are they any better? im wanting to use a mic, but i dont need Top notch quality either.

z0n3d0u7 said:
What about the new serie's behringer mixer's? are they any better? im wanting to use a mic, but i dont need Top notch quality either.

well, i got one of those to use almost as just an adaptor with volume....

and i was informed that it would become a fantastic new doorstop soon, by many people... haha.

i dunno, it works fine so far. id say dont go cheaper than that one thats like 80-100 bucks. and get insurance on it wherever you buy. thats the thing- with insurance you WILL have that unit for a certain amount of time, even if it craps out once a month...

peace.

Back