An Audio MIDI interface UNpaned for less then 200 or a mixer and 1/1 MIDI?

D

Drewbedobie

ok, heres is the thing, I just go this device from Tascam for like 200, I thought I would be really happy with it because It has 4 holes for guitar tracks, a MIDI line and 2 condensor mic options.. I plug the thing in and use it with garageband.. and I find out that the thing is panned, unstoppable left and right on the device.. I dont like this because I like to do that with the software I use.. Does anyone know a MIDI audio interface unpanned for around 200? Or should I just get a mixer with a 1/1 for the MIDI? If so how do you hook that up to a G4 notebook? I would like to know how to hook it up anyways.. what device would I need if any?

just starting out with my first home studio so any help is much appreciated..

Thank you much

Drew

Once the audio is recorded its up to you how its panned, I'm assuming the problem here is you have recorded stereo files. Split the stereo files into seperate mono tracks or send the stereo pair through seperate channel strips.

Either way you'll be able to pan.

hey thank you guys.. I figured out that the problem was on the program and that I just needed to make them mono files like you said.. anyways thanks a bunch

Drew

Back