Audio issue

D

dj bahm

I have: Triton le, m audio 2496, midisport 4x4, cubase 5.1, acid 3.0, SF 4.5.

my audio outs on my 2496 goto my Pioneer (home stereo), I have my midi ins and outs connected to my Triton. I dont have any audio output wires from the Triton going anywhere. Can u still get audio played from my Triton to my home speakers without using audio output on the keyboard? Can you somehow use the tone generator of the Triton? Im at a loss....please help

I dont have a Triton LE or know much about it, but you should get some audio cables going from your triton to the 2496.

Okay, I now understand that midi cables dont send any audio data...so I need to get 1/4 in cables then get an RCA adapter to input the plugs...correct?

Yep i'd say

The 2496 has a s/w mixer so you will be able to play the o/p from cubase s/f etc and from the triton at the same time over the home stereo.

Rather than cables that are 1/4" on both ends, I would recommend getting ones that are 1/4" on one end and RCA on the other. They're easy to find online. Try musiciansfriend.com, sweetwater.com, kraftmusic.com... there lots of places. Local music stores may or may not have them depending on the inventory. It would just keep things simpler.

You might also want to pick up an inexpensive hardware mixer. I have a Behringer MX602A that I picked up for $99 a couple years ago. I think they may run for $69 nowadays. Behringer has tons of inexpensive, good "bang-for-the-buck" gear. A mixer like this one will open up your options as far as routing and inserting signals both before they hit your soundcard and after they come out. Plus you get pretty good mic preamps too in case you wanted to do any vocal work. But it's small enough that it can sit on top of your computer case.

Good luck!

Back