Audio interface for Bedroom Producer

isandee

Hi guys anyone familiar with the Behringer 302 usb mixer?Can i use this just to improve my computer's latency issue?

Hey Isandee,

What is the issue that you're having with latency? What are your PC/Mac Specifications?

What is your DAW of choice?

It might be a variety of settings/factors that are affecting the latency.

Let me know what your system is and I'll see if I can help.

To answer your question without any of the above, I am currently using an Roland Edirol 25EX which is a 2 channel interface. Works great. I would also recommend any of the mBox series interfaces.

Hey Isandee,

What is the issue that you're having with latency? What are your PC/Mac Specifications?

What is your DAW of choice?

It might be a variety of settings/factors that are affecting the latency.

Let me know what your system is and I'll see if I can help.

To answer your question without any of the above, I am currently using an Roland Edirol 25EX which is a 2 channel interface. Works great. I would also recommend any of the mBox series interfaces.

Thanks for the response. My laptop spec is Pentium(R)Dual-Core CPU 2.30 GHz with a 2gb dd3 ram, and 32-bit OS.
I am using FL Studio 10. I am not sure if what kind of problem i experienced its just when i use the fl studio for first
10 minutes its sounds okay,but after that and when i playback the 1 synth and drums with no effects it sounds bad.
I already set the proper setting in fl studio but still have the problem.

By the way I got the Traktor Audio2 now,I will gonna use it as audio interface in fl studio.Still in the box maybe will try
the next day.Do you think this traktor audio 2 will work its also a 2 channel interface.I will not gonna do some hardcore
recording stuff.All midi and maybe convert to audio.

I also thinking maybe ableton live suite 8 will be better.What you think ?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I Already setup the proper settings of my DAW.Yes your right it kinda processor stuff i am just using a dual core laptop with 2 gb dd3 ram,My plan is to use an external audio interface maybe it will help.I got now the traktor audio2 but never try it now.maybe the next day. Can't afford to buy a new pc now.

I also thinking maybe try the ableton live suite 8 is it better for handling this kind of laptop than fl studio ?

I'd probably run whatever the diagnostics tool is called in Windows that shows your RAM and CPU usage first before buying anything - 2Gbs of memory isn't very much these days, and that might be the bottleneck here.

Back