Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Card

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    i compose music with midi and audio (didgeridooo, guitar and beats) with Cubase and Reason, my soundblaster is just a joke for this kind of job.
    Can anyone advise me about what kind of audio card to buy and if i will need something else for recording audio (except a mike)
    my pc :
    PIII 800 mhz 256Mo RAM
    External Keyboard
    Thank you
    Stefan

Thanks
    what's your budget?
    ~

Thanks
    While we're waiting on you to put together your budget -- you'll need (or already need unless you have one of those SB "platinum" units with a built-in mic preamp) some kind of a microphone preamp (or mixer with a mic preamp). The "mic inputs" on typical consumer cards like the Blaster are strictly for "office" use -- you know, with those little $5 plastic desktop mics. If you've been plugging a decent microphone into the "mic in" on your SB (maybe using a RadioShack style juryrig converter) you might be surprised at how much better your mic recordings will turn out if you get a decent preamp in your input chain.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    If the card is the SBLive! Series then you can get the Emu APS Drivers from come.to/sblive that will give you 10ms of audio latency, pretty good for a soundblaster!

fluxtah
    boing boom tschak!

Thanks
    If you have $419.00 Get the St audio Cport
    2 Mics w/pre amps / 8 outs 8 ins / 1 midi in/out /1midi thru

Plug in your tape recorder or phono into the ins and you can record samples right into Sonar or Logix etc.

I was so surprised with my first recordings.
    I'm new to this home recording but the stuff I'm working on you can't tell it was not done in a Pro studio. I swear.
    I used to record at one until I had the chance to build my own studio in my bassement.

Shure SM58LC mic 99.00
    I purchased it in the beginning of Dec 2001
    I got a free mic stand and a 20ft cable.
    You might want to see if this deal is still available.

Besides my PC the only thing I brought to beable to record in my house is the Cport and the Mic. That's It.

http://www.staudio.com/
    Last edited by langs; 01-21-2002 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    But don't forget if you're recording from a turntable you'll absolutely need a phono preamp (with the appropriate EQ compensation curve, RIAA, etc) in between the table and the rec inputs. (A DJ mixer has built-in phono preamps. You can also use the phono inputs of an older hi fi receiver... just use the tape outs to go to your computer, recorder, etc.)

Thanks
    Tank you for these answers & sorry for the not having a look for so long, been on holydays.
    My budget is about 450$ for a soundcard with midi ports and another 150$ for a mike.
    I was advised the midiman Audiophile 2496 & the MIA soundcards and the Shure prologue 16 mike.
    What do you think about them?
    Thank you
    Stefan

Thanks
    get the cport. the thing is utterly amazing for the price. i've seen them for $400. i've had it for 5 months now with no problems. for the price i really can't see any weaknesses.

Thanks
    the cport is $399. the only weakness it has is its unbalanced ins/out...other than that its sold. i've had one. i use a delta 1010 now though. the cport is close in quality but its not there with the delta 1010.

$150 for a mic..these mics are a little higher $189-199

Joemeek JM47
    Behringer B-2
    Marshall MXL V67G
    Rode NT-1
    Oktava MK-319
    AKG C2000B

$149(Nady SCM-1000 ) it actually doesn't sound that bad, i've heard a few of them wih art preamps.

Thanks
    I have seen Used Delta 1010s for as little as 400$ and new ones for 550$ or so. They list for around 900$ but you can get them way cheaper. I am looking to pick one up myself as soon as I get a little cash together

Thread Information