Any of you guys can give me some information?

> But the problem is, I can't start connecting hardware to a PC because this one's my dads PC. I need to buy one myself if I want to start that. So I wondered if I could without a PC, but that will be alot more expensive I guess...

Well its true that computers got really cheap lately.. get a computer I think, with a MIDIMAN 4x4 USB midi interface, and a correct sound card.

>By the way, for making trance and club, is it better to go digital or combine it with analoge stuff?

Don't confuse yourself from the beginning with analog equipment.. I suggest you go with either a NOVATION SUPERNOVA II RACK (a bit expensive, so get the I second hand if you dont have much money) or go with Reason if you go for software. Both sound good for trance stuff.

For a mixer, a version of the newer Yamaha ones seems very neat to me...

Which model do you mean? Be careful some are expensive! so you're going with a digital mixer? that's good stuff. If so, get the ADAT extension and get an ADAT sound card for your PC, so you can get each mixer track digital and separated on recording (luxurious!) with ONE cable!

. one more thing: if you go with software only (ie reason alone) you don't need a hardware mixer.

Thanks Mano!
I guess I'm going to get Reason and try to handle it on my dads PC. When I have enough money I'll buy a PC myself and start combining Reason with other hardware. So I won't be needing this hardware mixer and USB port and other things yet...

For the digital mixers I meant the 01v or something like that. That one seems very great to me.

The ADAT extension, is this the way of cabling/connecting? Just a type of digital OUT?

Thanks Mano, your help is very much appreciated! The others' as well off course! ;)

Cheers people!
DJ Koen

> I guess I'm going to get Reason and try to handle it on my dads PC

good idea, you'll have fun, and you will learn a lot about real machines as its basically an emulation of how a studio works.

When I have enough money I'll buy a PC myself and start combining Reason with other hardware. So I won't be needing this hardware mixer and USB port and other things yet

nonono... as I explained before, and also in my full review of reason: reason cannot control external hardware equipment *yet*. If you go with hardware instruments you will *need* a mixer to merge all the sound signals, and an interface on your PC (usb or not) to communicate with all this MIDI stuff... You'll also need to switch to another sequencer (cubase, etc..) to write your music (remember, reason doesnt control external devices...). I hope I made it clear this time! ;)

For the digital mixers I meant the 01v or something like that. That one seems very great to me

definitly, the 01V is a sweet mixer. It also has built-in effects (i think) and you don't have to remember your mix position (where all the buttons are set when you work on it) as you can store them in memory banks (! its pretty nice to see all the buttons jump to a memorized position by pressing a button!).

The ADAT extension, is this the way of cabling/connecting? Just a type of digital OUT?

YES but it is very powerful and you get all the signals from your mixer SEPARATELY on your screen back from your mixer, without having to use a multiple IN sound card, which could otherwise be a pain in the ***. Plus its digital.

hehe... futureproducers.com "your music consultants"
:D

Thanks AGAIN (!!) Mano :)

I've checked where I can get Reason here in Holland so all I have to do is save some money...:D

I understood Reason isn't compatible with hardware, but I meant...use Reason, use hardware...not connected to each other but switching and using it together...as seperated pieces...

But it's all clear to me! I guess I have learnt how te setup a studio in 2 days :D. Mano, you should start giving lessons :)
Thanks again people of the futureproducers-forum! Much appreciated!

Greetings
DJ Koen

:D i also have cubase vst, and it kicks ***! its real easy to use as well, so that should be a big + since i'm such a fool!:D

DJ Koen said:
...I have learnt how te setup a studio in 2 days :D. Mano, you should start giving lessons :)

;) thanks, I am sooo happy that you are learning stuff.
Don't hesitate to post any question...

... and tell all your friends to come over :)

do u know where i can get freee producing softwares?/?/ i want the full version

off topic blaze

blaze, i think you should have posted a "new thread", this discussion wasnt really about this...

as far as FULL and FREE programs, there are not many. and just so you know (in case): we don't support piracy around here. you'll find FREE DEMOS but as far as full programs some are cheap (less than 100 dollars) but most of them are more expensive. Gotta give credits/pay the creators of the programs.
good luck.

by the way let's get back to the topic here :)

Back