Any suggestions???

K

kk994

I want to stay portable and need a mixer. I got a good price on a 02r but I'm put off by its size. Small in comparison to analogue but huge in comparision to my laptop.
Anybody got any magic suggestions out there. i have looked around but cant seem to be satified by what i've seen.
I want to be able to mic the output from my soundcard 8 I/O and take in a few mics....
Anybody found a solution to the portable V quality/versatility argument

Ken

Cheers
I was looking at the O1x... do you have it? whats it like to use???

I played with one in a store for a while, just like the bigger yamaha digital mixers.

I dunno. I've used Yamaha digital mixers since the ProMix, including the O1v, and breif forays into o2r territory.

The o1x seems less intuitive to figure out. Just sitting down in front of it, things don't seem to be organized in "pages" or "topics" like the old mixers.

Also, at the place where I pimp gear, we installed the 01x on a Windows PC, and the 01x drivers would halt playback every 5-10 seconds, while Echo, Emu, M-Audio and MOTO cards worked fine with the same system.

At least it's got MLan (joke).

Be wary.

-Hoax

Ya the Mlan thing never really made it off the ground... I'm going to go to a shop and ask or a demo.... maybe its the answer.
What I really want is a translucent roll-up plastic mat with indentations filled with some kind of liquid that i can push around. The liquid acts as a movable fader that effects the dB level thru sensitive chemicals in the mat. Then at the top of the mat ins and out that can be dropped into to place to suit any connection I might want.
I roll it up and take it with me....
I don't think it exists yet.
Pity

Back