annoying clicking noise on calkwalk 9

F

filatlarge

I'm pretty new to the whole digital mutlitracking process, I seem to be going well, but there's one thing that has beaten me.

At the end of a track, I keep getting this click when the track finishes, worse it is coming threw on the waves I'm making.

If anyone knows how to get rid of this noise,,PLEASE tell me...............

thanks

Filatlarge

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the same thing sometimes if the wav is too hot. I notice the "clicks" much more when joining two separate wav files together. If thats the case, then one way I have found to combat the problem is to put a very minimal verb ( shimmer verb works nice) on the last fraction of the wav. Make sure you choose No Echo and keep the wet mix down to almost nothing. You can almost always cushion it this way so you dont get the tick sound. Might wanna also check in on Sonar. Pretty sure it is sample rate accurate ( or frame rate accurate, I cant remember...) whereas CW9 isnt.

try to apply an enveloppe to your sounds

towards the end, create a 1 millisecond fade out. It often works.

If this is occurring when you are playing/recording midi, it could be because cakewalk is resetting the controllers at the end of the track, which can cause clicks and delays to cut off, etc. To stop it from doing this, go to project options and then to the midi out tab, and uncheck the box next to "Zero controllers when play stops". That should sort it.
Have fun,
strigg.

Back