For all of you out there with the messy studios...

AJacksProductions

So i decided for 2009 to pursue music full time (as in leave my full time job). I figured it was the best time to give it a shot being that i still live at home and im still a full time student. So i went from being in home studio a couple hours a weeks to being in there 10hrs a day.

I notice that it was a mess in my studio and made making music enjoyable but also more like a task.

So i decided to pull everything out and clean and organize the studio and man does it feel great.
I feel like my productivity has increased greatly.

Anybody else feel like that?? Man i dont think i can ever go back to a messy studio. ahaha probably a pointless thread but but feel free to agree with me.

hahaaa.. i def. agree witchu..

especially the mess that comes up on my desk.. thats wut i hate most. i always gotta have it clean!!...

i feel like i cant move freely when its a mess haha and that makes it hard for me to be creative. so i gotta keep it clean in here from now on

AJacksProductions said:
So i decided for 2009 to pursue music full time (as in leave my full time job). I figured it was the best time to give it a shot being that i still live at home and im still a full time student. So i went from being in home studio a couple hours a weeks to being in there 10hrs a day.

I notice that it was a mess in my studio and made making music enjoyable but also more like a task.

So i decided to pull everything out and clean and organize the studio and man does it feel great.
I feel like my productivity has increased greatly.

Anybody else feel like that?? Man i dont think i can ever go back to a messy studio. ahaha probably a pointless thread but but feel free to agree with me.

i dispise cleaning, but afterwards its always great to have a nice organized area, where you know where everything is. Lately I've been noticing alot of thinks that affect my workflow making music, and a main one is the lack of quiet in my house...really need a new place in order to get in the zone i feel, unfortunately, it'll be some time before that happens

*EDIT: glad to hear you got your **** in shape now man, enjoy

Last edited:
i hear ya, congrats on quitting your job too, i would love to do that

my studio is clean, then the day after a session--omg it looks like a bomb went off that was filled with weed stems and beer bottles--

I just cleaned mine up, everything is easy to reach.

It's that Feng Shui! (SP?)

But I agree, every time I rearrange my workstation, (ie put my desk against a different wall/corner) I feel like a brand new producer!

Anybody who has moved know that is the messiest time of your life and I am in the process of packing and moving, but best believe when I am done unpacking the creativity will start to flow like diarrhea (Nasty)!

I totally agree that a neat work place produces a better working environment. My room/studio is super clean and I enjoy making beats alot more than I would if it weren't clean.

1002.jpg
Yeah I agree... a clean spot is always better for the peace of mind aspect...

oops, I just spilt my chips... oh well, I'll get it tomorrow...

there's people who really live like that... MENTAL DISEASE is still a disease...

Last edited:
mtp1178 said:
Anybody who has moved know that is the messiest time of your life and I am in the process of packing and moving, but best believe when I am done unpacking the creativity will start to flow like diarrhea (Nasty)!

Homie I know exactly what you're talkin' 'bout, my family just moved to a new house and the week before we moved I broke three bones in my left leg and I barely got out of my cast last week, so I barely started unpacking as soon as I got my cast off and got home from Orthopedics. Besides if your production flows like diarrhea then you should be unstoppable!

I agree.... I clean workspace really clears out your mind, and let's you focus more on your riff, rather than focusing on the wiff of that week old turkey sub LOL.

I am constantly battling a small studio and not having enough space for all my gear and everything that needs to be in my studio. So, every time I get a new piece of kit, I have to figure out a way yo make things work again! It kinda sucks, but I just did it last week and I found (through the move) a much better way of working, the way I have my stuff setup now is so conducive to working its just awesome for me! Point is, I would never even had done it this way if it weren't for trying to re-arrange and get it perfect.

So now, I can't imagine going back! My studio also has to be clean otherwise I can't focus!

ONE

same problem here,only thing is...i still didnt clean it...
i just cant make myself stand up for cleaning it.
and the worst thing is i buyed new accessories but b/c of my lazyness and the trash in my room i didnt even try the new stuff
so i really need to throw some thing with the garbage!

im thinking of moving my setup so i face the window. Every time i change i get a creative outburst of 15 beats that are nothing but heat.

Back