All the way, computer producing

B

buddhacub

Alright fellas. I am the president of a small midwest record label and the first quarter of album sales has come back mighty strong. Thing is, we did the album at a little home studio in the house and all of the production was done on a midi system using programs on a number of different computers. I am really happy with my producers and want to reward them by furnishing them with a brand new professional grade studio but stick with the computer theme since they seem to do so well on it. What do I need to compete with the big boys ( timbaland, kanye west, just blaze etc.) and keep the computer producing thing going. I'm talking hardware and software suggestions. I need the best of the best here so spare no expense. Thanks guys. (oh, you can leave out recording stuff. We do vocals at a studion in town. I just need production help):cheers:

getting an MPC-2000XL and a MIDI keyboard hooked up to a nice PC will definitely keep the dope beats flowing.

Holla

Im sure they would be happy with £/$500 worth of weed .! :D

get them a decent sized makie mixer and some Even 20/20 monitors then buy a really nice new computer from a company that specializes in building DAW systems. a Keyboard controller to use Software synths is a good idea and they are relativly cheap too. A nice MOTU fire wire card and alot of fast harddrives...

of coures your question was a bit general so I was very general with my answear... If I knew what type of music and what they already had I could be alot more helpful.

Taos

Yeah good monitors are something to begin with, I'd recommend Genelec. JS16, the producer behind Darude said Genelecs are the best monitors when I had a chance to talk to him once. :D Then perhaps a new synth. Korg has some fine models as well as Access.

Which kind of software they use?

CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should take them down at the instrument` shop and let them choose ;) i belive they would appreciate it !

mattb said:
Maybe you should take them down at the instrument` shop and let them choose ;) i belive they would appreciate it !

True. :D

CZ

mattb said:

hell naw......that's like takin some kids to a candy shop.....

no it's not....it's worse...the damage kids can do at a candy shop is far less than gear heads can do in a gear shop....maybe you should come up with a figure yourself as to what you want to spend....then tell them less, take them to a gear shop, and tell them to get what will help make their job easier....they are bound to go over the figure you tell them, which is why you don't tell them how much extra you are actually going to spend on them....then when you do spend a little more they will be even more thankful....

just my thoughts on the issue....i mean hell they probably know what will help them do more and better quality.

i tell you what any gear head really wants, korg triton, not an le, mpc 4000, some top line effect systems, and shi some high definition dual band monitors, i know i would love some of them cookies

I still think you should ask them what.It`s gonna be them using it anyway,ya know.Maybe ask them to write a wishlist.

Back