Alesis M1 Active mk2 Biamp Monitors (Pair)

Mirko

Hello everyone,
I want to buy studio monitors in 400$ price range,so I was thinking about alesis's...what do you think?Is anybody here have/used those monitors?What is your opinions on them?

Thanks,
Best regards

I have them, great sound, crisp, clear, clean and pretty flat too.

For the price I recommend highly. Pretty accurate, I get good translation usually the first time around.

Only con I have is that they are only 100w total. I like to listen to my music loud, I blew 2 woofers out already, so I only use them for mixing now. I did replace them so I am good to go now.

I have club type speakers for cranking sh!t up. Easy fix!

Hope this helps!

I have them as well. I’m very satisfied! As the one above said, they’re very flat and accurate for their price range, and they have that clear and crisp sound. But I don’t think they are good for near field monitoring! I get best results placing them on the top of my hi-fi speakers - the place I know is the best speaker placement for my room - and play them a bit loud.

If you can find the version before they sound much better. I own them and after hearing these compared to the original m1's, the mk2's sound way bass heavy. However they are "flater" than cabinet speakers. I'd go for m1's and not the mk2's if I were you (just my personal).

^^ How are you mixing? They are really not bass heavy at all. It could be that your turning up your bass too much.

Play an already commercial song, you'll see they have a flat frequency response.

The mackie 8's are a bit flatter, but the M2's are pretty well balanced.

I was stating that comparitively speaking. Play mk2's then play the m1's the difference should be apparent. The mk2's are decent, I just would have picked up the m1's if they were available.

Hello guys,and thanks,
Can you tell me is acoustic treatment of the room important for good monitoring?
Thanks
Regards,
Mirko

Back