Akai MPD16 issues with XP..

D

Decisive

ok, so I purchased my mpd16 through guitar center and I only recieved the mpd16 and the usb cable. I plugged it into my computer which operates on windows 2000 I believe.. and it works fine.

Now I plugged it into.. my XP comp... and it isnt' recognized... but I recieved a file from a guy off of this site a while back.. that will install the driver or is the driver...

it's MPD16.sys = the file name.

does anyone know how to install this ? or get my akai mpd 16 working , I've gone to the website and all they have is the utility, NOT the driver..

The Utility is a utility that sets the pads to the sounds and allows me to set the sensitivitys and such but I need the driver... in which I have, but I do not know how to install it...

the file = MPD16.sys ..

can someone help me?

Makes sense. Maybe someone can send you the .inf files and the drivers. I would think that you'd need more than the .sys file.

anyone? anyone around here tryin to help a fella with a MPD16 :) !!!!!

my computer often crashes when i plug in my MPD16, and the blue screen message reads that it's due to the MPD16.sys file. i'ma try to wipe it out and reinstal (off my orig install disc,) and then we'll see how it all works out.

(otherwise, when the computer doesn't crash, the sucker works dandy, using Live 6, Ableton)

I try to remove the buggy mpd16.sys instal via the add/remove programs in the control bar... and it does a little process and givesme an error, 'Fatal error during install'

so i try to remove it via system32 folder, can't find it there, what is up???

what can we do?
=Z

Last edited:
I'm surprised your having problems with XP. Well not really because I did too. But the MPD is absolutely not compatible with Vista. Which sucks because I've upgraded.

HI guys, I need help with my MPD16 and Reason 4.0: I have a M-audio oxygen 49 as Master Keyboard in MIDI PORT 1, so, my MPD16 is in PORT 2. Control Change as 7;so, just work master volume of redrum and Bank A, as Note Number 37 - 51; Bank B 60 - 75 and the pads doesn't work. can anyone help me?! (i have installed all cd drivers, software utility and connected through USB) thanks

To bring this back to life, is there ANY way an MPD16 can be used in vista? I' m having the same issue as the original poster, only on a vista system. Should I just go return the MPD16?

what u need to do is go to gc and get the drivers from them and install the drivers and then plug inthe mpd16 thats how i installed mine and it worked out fine

I picked mine up from Atomic Music, which didn't have any of the CDs or drivers for it. Is there any way you could upload the drivers and send them to me?

Already been done. Like I said, I'm having the same problem the original poster had, which was that the driver available on the Akai website was not working properly. Plus, I'm on vista and I'm trying to see if anyone has found a way to get the MPD working on Vista.

Last edited:
here is the cd that came with the MPD 16 send$space.com.com/file/efor1p

----------> take out the $

if you want it working with vista i would buy a MIDI interface like this one

Last edited by a moderator:
THE MPD16 will not work with Usb on XP (its only good to power the unit) your gonna have to use the midi ports ...the easy way is to get a midi to usb interface,then XP will run the drivers from the interface and it wont matter what you hook up to it !

im having the same problem. computer lists mpd as 'unrecognized audio device' . im trying to load the OS ,.sysex file ,but it wont talk to the mpd.

it has worked flawlessly by USB power . not midi or AC power.

id love a solution to my problem. fairly good at google searching and cant find one as of yet.

Cmon ppl its not rocket science I havnt had any problems with my mpd16 on XP (fl studio). Use them noginz.

Back