Thread: akai mpc4000?

In the Polk High parking lot making sure everybodys rims are spinning
    Thanks

akai mpc4000?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Im just getting into producing an I plan on getting some hardware and I was just wanting to know should I get a expensive standalone piece of equipment like the mpc4000 or should I get a less expensive piece of equipment like the mpc2000xl and get other gear to go with it?

Thanks
    Hey what up jackpot,

Look, the MPC 4000 isn't that tough of a machine to work with. It is my first MPC and I work wonders with it. You just got to know how the thing works. Granted you won't be slapping out awesome beats as soon as you get it. But give it a couple of months and you will get it in no time.

The MPC 4000 is a monster of a machine and can be quite daunting at first. Just keep the manual around and things will begin to make sense.

Good Luck!

A-Town
    - Streamline Entertainment -

Thanks
    Because you say you are just getting into producing (if you can call it that), I really wouldn't go out and buy a 4000. I say just buy a 2000XL and make some beats with that. And as you advance, you will pick up knowledge about what harware suits your needs, and you can make more comprehensive choices.

Thanks
    Thanks 4 the advice.

Thanks
    The 4000 is a monster machine, but I'd go with the XL just to get a feel for MPC's and max it out and learn it inside out, then if you need to move up to a 4K, but trust that the XL is plenty to work with.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Pase
    The 4000 is a monster machine, but I'd go with the XL just to get a feel for MPC's and max it out and learn it inside out, then if you need to move up to a 4K, but trust that the XL is plenty to work with.
    Exactly.

Thanks
    then get the new mpc1000...

then you wont have to buy extra zips and stuff... just hook it up with your pc.(you cant do this with the 2000xl)

Thanks
    I guess i'll go with the 2000xl

Thanks
    You won't be sorry as long as you put in the time to learn the machine. Just put in the work.

Thanks
    if you have the money..get the 4k.

there's no reason to start off with a lesser machine just cuz you're just startin off..this isn't motorycle lessons.

If you start off on a 2kxl, you're gonna have to relearn a lot of your beatmaking process if you ever switch to a 4k...

my first mpc was a 4k...and it took me a weekend to get the basics of mpc'n down as well as 4k'n...and it's a BEAST

but it's not a standalone machine...I mean yah it can be used as one, but it's not really.
    Boom.

Thread Information