Air Conditioner!!

shawndon

Hey does anyone know a good price or know where ican get a portable air conditioner from.. the freaking room gets hot... my computers still run cool.. but inside the booth type thing it gets hot and i have to hear coomplianing so i rather just buy a portable air conditioner type thing.. for the air flow ... any1 gota idea?

yeah.. fans i can find anywhere.. its the air conditioner type thing i need.. i dunno thanks though for the help

I'm sure somewhere on the internet there's a really good place to get GOOD protable AC's.

I had a really old-school Toshiba one from the early 90s or 80s or something that worked really great. The problem with any portable AC is that it will usually involve moving water around to and from the AC. My old one required you to fill up a 20lb or so tank of water periodically, not too bad. Unfortunately it died out on me (super old tho, my mom got it from a friend).

My new one that I got from Circuit City, which is an Amcor works well, but is very inconvenient. You have to empty the water out on this one often in order to keep it running. If it fills with water (from sucking the humidity out of the air), then it just shuts down until you empty it. Its an over-priced piece of crap.

Sorry, I wasn't able to recommend a place. But I'll over those 2cents as to what you should stay away from. A regular AC works better bar none.

Strange topic by the way.

home depot and lowes both sell a portable ac you have to vent them out like a dryer and they run about 375 to 400 usd

home depot or circuit city. You can find the best products on their websites not in store. You just need a small unit probably which will run you a few hundred. Portable is secondary, if I were you even getting a window air conditioning unit in the other room so that it isnt loud, etc is better and less of a hassle.

I was actually gonna post a similar topic...I am in Hamilton, ON. Canada...and surprisingly it's hot here in during the summer! I was looking for a way to colld down my studio without getting too much noise? What kind of AC would be good...we're looking at $200 square feet to cover.

Thanks !

well if you read this fourm you will see, home depot and walmart and meijer, aco or any other type of store would have it.. more or less on there website then in the store.. but its worth a shot. i still havent gotten one.. i made up my mind i dont think im going to pay 300 dollars for one, when im not in the booth im outside with the fan on :)! i figure its a good way they be quick in and out..!!

you can try home depot, i remember seeing a water based coolant, where you add water and it absorbs the moisture of the water that helps cool the room. but...i think people can get sick from that, cause hot and cold air mix together = kinda bad.

Last edited:
PC richards and son have some good protable air conditoners and they are not too expensive

djba$$ay2k5 said:
becareful on which AC you buy. it might put out alot of moisture in the air

i never even thought of that.. haha thanks for the head up 4 real.. thast the little s*it that sometimes u dont think of .. haha good looks

Back