Advice please?

abztract

abztract
I've been searching for studio monitors for an eternity, always with a problem (usually lack of funds or indecision) Now, I'm going to be in a position to get some on friday. I'm looking at (but not fixed on) KRK rokit 5's or M-audio BX8 d2's. Where I live, they are about the same price right now. I've heard good things about the KRK's but I make hip-hop and a bit of dubstep (bassy stuff) and obviously the larger BX8's would have an advantage over the rokits (I think??) Truth is, I don't really know that much about monitors. I've done plenty of searches before posting this but none talked about this - essentially, am I better off going for a higher quality (??) monitor in the KRK or the larger BX8 d2? Any advice or other suggestions would be welcomed. Price range I'm in is £150 - £250 GBP (The rokits are 109 each here and the BX8's 225 for 2) Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added 08-22-2013 at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-21-2013 at 08:41 PM ----------

Seriously? Nobody has any advice at all?

---------- Post added 08-23-2013 at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-22-2013 at 03:57 PM ----------

Was I put on a 'pay no mind' list? Can anyone tell me or even hazard a guess as to why I've had zero replies out of nearly 300 views?

Last edited:
hey mate, i have BX8's and they arent to bad but they give off a slight buzz which can be quite annoying if you have them close to your head, it all depends on the size of your desk, as mine is small they are quite close, but i am looking at changing over to the Yamaha hs7's

Well to answer this realistically you would really have to own both pairs of monitors to accurately judge which is "better". I wouldn't take anybodys advice when they say "i have the krks and there great!" because they probably don't own or haven't even heard the M-Audios, that's probably why you aren't getting many responses.

I have been looking for new ones recently as well... You need to do your research bro... I think the best speakers I have done research on in my price range are the Tannoy Reveals. From what I heat, the KRK gives a bit of a bass boost to them and havent heard great things about the M-Audios... I have a pair of M-Audios AV 40's and after listening to these, I dont think I will ever buy another pair of M-Audios again. Tannoy Reveals give a nice crisp, flat, true sound you are looking for(from what I have researched). Take a look at these speakers and decide for yourself, hope this helped a little.

abztract,

I did a monitor shootout when I bought my last set of speakers. I brought a couple of CDs that I listen to alot as a reference for my testing. The 3 sets of speakers I liked were the KRK V8s, KRK 8" Rokits, and the original M-Audio BX8s. The KRK V8s were more than I wanted to spend at the time, but were the best sounding monitors of the 3 pairs I tryed out.

So that left me with listening to the Rokits and the BX8s. I found the Rokit 8s were nice and even, nothing sticking out or overly hyped. The BX8s were very different, way more bottom end, and maybe a little hyped in the high-mid area. Anyway I went back and forth for a couple of hours and settled on the BX8. I was happy with my choice until one of the low end driver stopped working just after the warranty expired. Called Guitar Center and the store manager took care of my situation. In the end, I ended up spending the extra for the KRK V8s. So If you buying from Guitar Center, I would suggest getting the extended warranty just for piece of mind. Most of my friends out in Denver are using the Rokits and they love them. Just my 2 cents,

Back