Adam A5x or A7x?

quike

As the title says Adam A5x or A7x? is there huge difference between them two? Are the adam a7x worth the extra couple bucks? I'm on budget.

The difference is the A5X has a 5.5 inch speaker, and the A7X has a 7 inch speaker. It all depends on how big the room is where you gonna use them, if its just a home studio id go with the A5X as it will be easier on the ears as a near field monitor. But if you have alot of room IE: recording studio, it would be worth it to get the bigger A7X.

You should go for the a7x because the bass would be clearer. And since it is a purchase that you are making once for a long time spending that extra cash for the a7x will be worthy. If you want to spend more then u ve got the 6.5" focal CMS65 which are the best for the money.
If you are on MAC check the NOTE REPEATER application from MAC App Store. there is a video on youtube: NOTE REPEATER smk7dev

I opted for the A5X and have only just begun the unboxing, room preparation etc... my room is small 2.5 X 3 meters which is why I opted for the 5s with their 5.5" domes. On paper they still boast an impressive frequency response for the money and size and some respectable reviews, SOS and Gearsluts to name but 2, qualify the clarity to match the A7X. I would consider your room size to be the answer to your question. Focals are stunning but more dear.

To go on, for me I looked at the Rokit RPG6 G2 FGs but realised I could get better clarity (IMO) by going a little further in price to the A5Xs. Good luck

Cool, yeah I've heard same thing about the highs and mids are like the same as A7X. My room is small tho, Ithink I'm gonna go with A5X.

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-18-2012 at 12:25 PM ----------

Ok, I tried out Adam A5X, A7X,Hs80, krk 10, bx8a, and Genelec 8020.

I thought the a7x sounded more completed while adam a5x was struggling on the low end! however the mids sounded more detailed on a5x by a notch. I also liked Genelec 8020 those small monitors sounded pretty nice. After comparing these monitors I'm not quite sure which one to choose.

---------- Post added 05-21-2012 at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-2012 at 02:42 PM ----------

Okay, I went with Adam A5x oh boy these speakers sound good! It's quite a upgrade from M-audio bx5a. If u got any questions let me know..

Yup XLR inputs! No stands nor Isolation pads. I'm happy as it is why waste more money.

I went for some foam isolation pads. They were €15 with the package and the angle the speakers up to my listening position perfectly. Wouldn't have bothered if I had the height already :)

Getting there... I've been playing a few different genres of CDs through them while decorating my baby room next door (baby due in a few months!!)
When I'm tracking and mixing I'm switching between my Adams and the AT cans and I definately need to takle some of the boxy frequencies in the room next... stereo image is stunning though. love it

Back