Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi,

Anyone ever hear of acoustimac.com?
    [SIZE=3][B][URL="http://remarkablemix.com"]HΛКłM[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HakimCallier
    Hi,

Sure. They're pretty much like ATS acoustics, except acoustimac doesn't come off as knowing what they're talking about. All over their site they say things that expose a pretty deep level of ignorance:

- Excellent Heat Barrier: uhhh, no. Acoustic treatment will do nothing whatsoever to make any tangible difference in terms of thermal insulation.

- Great for soundproofing: I've said it a million times, but soundproofing and acoustic treatment are two different processes with two different goals. There's really NO overlap between the two.

- Reduce Sound Transmission to other rooms: first of all, they misspelled "transmission", second that's not true either. Surface-mounted acoustic treatment will do nothing to raise the STC rating of the wall they're on.

Bottom line, go ahead and order the materials from them. Just know that they may have no idea how to properly use them, so you're on your own after that.
    Frank Oesterheld - GIK Acoustics.com
    [URL="http://www.GIKAcoustics.com"]www.GIKAcoustics.com[/URL]
    1-888-986-2789 (US)
    (+44) 020 7558 8976 (UK)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HakimCallier
    Hi,

Hi Hakim,

I have dealt with Acoustimac.com on several occasions. They helped us set up our voice over studio in Miami.

They also soundproofed our hallways and conference room. They are super quiet now when before they were echo chambers.

We found their staff to be very knowledgeable and their product was of excellent quality. They truly helped us every step of the way.

We were hesitant to buy from an online source because our project was of a bigger magnitude. We felt that we should have talked to a local source. But local acoustic companies costs were very prohibitive.

After talking to acoustimac.com and after seeing their customers photos and reviews, the deal was sealed. Of course we called them many, many times, my assistant and I before making the purchase.

I also found a lot of people online saying good things about them.

I too have nothing but good things to say about them. Good prices and excellent service ! Even 6 months after we purchased they answered every questions we had.

PS: PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF COMMENTS LIKE THE ONES FROM THE OTHER POSTER ""WEESLE9992". He sound like a BITTER competitor that likes to trash other honest companies !!!!.:mad:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cancareless
    Hi Hakim,

I have dealt with Acoustimac.com on several occasions. They helped us set up our voice over studio in Miami.

They also soundproofed our hallways and conference room. They are super quiet now when before they were echo chambers.

We found their staff to be very knowledgeable and their product was of excellent quality. They truly helped us every step of the way.

We were hesitant to buy from an online source because our project was of a bigger magnitude. We felt that we should have talked to a local source. But local acoustic companies costs were very prohibitive.

After talking to acoustimac.com and after seeing their customers photos and reviews, the deal was sealed. Of course we called them many, many times, my assistant and I before making the purchase.

I also found a lot of people online saying good things about them.

I too have nothing but good things to say about them. Good prices and excellent service ! Even 6 months after we purchased they answered every questions we had.

PS: PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF COMMENTS LIKE THE ONES FROM THE OTHER POSTER ""WEESLE9992". He sound like a BITTER competitor that likes to trash other honest companies !!!!.:mad:
    Actually everything he stated was true. But who are you to come in and question a reputable person with a reputable business who not only has great customer service but answers questions on acoustics to NON CUSTOMERS. That does not sound like a bitter competitor. You can call GIK Acoustics and they are more than happy to help and answer questions about their products and room set up and give the same information on the web. He is known and respected on many forums. Acousticmac may be a good company but soundproofing is not going to be possible with their products. They may tame room reflections, nodes and handle bass trapping well but they do not seem to have a full grasp of the product they are selling. Sure your halls and conference rooms echo'd like echo chambers before, but with they're products installed that did not sound proof anything. That simply tamed the reflections. Do some homework before you go around boasting like that. Its pretty obvious when people do or do not know what they are talking about. I in no way work for GIK or acoustimac but they both seem like decent companies, one just happens to know their product a bit better than the other and does not claim to "soundproof" rooms. I'm sure Acoustic mac has good products and even good customer service but promoting those products as "soundproofing" is a bit much.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cancareless
    Hahaha...relax, man. No bitterness here at all, nor do we trash anybody ever. We help people DIY treatment all the time, and we don't sell raw materials. I was pointing out flaws in the information on the Acoustimac website, that's all. My hope is that they change it so that it's accurate. The fact is that those statement were not in any way true. You can be mad about it if you want, but you can't argue the facts.

I don't have to defend our customer service. Anyone who's ever done business with us knows all about it.

By the way, and I'm not trying to confrontational here, it's just kind of a matter of etiquette: if you work for Acoustimac that's completely cool, but you should put it clearly in your signnature in the interest of transparency. Otherwise you risk getting called out for shilling.

Frank
    Last edited by Weasel9992; 02-11-2009 at 05:40 AM.
    Frank Oesterheld - GIK Acoustics.com
    [URL="http://www.GIKAcoustics.com"]www.GIKAcoustics.com[/URL]
    1-888-986-2789 (US)
    (+44) 020 7558 8976 (UK)

Thanks

Smile My experience with acoustimac

I am an acoustic contractor. A fellow installer turned me on to acoustimac some 18 months ago. I since have placed several orders with them.

I dealt with Anthony and everytime and I found him to be professional, knowlegeable and very patient.

I used to build my own panels but they were costing me more than getting finished ones from acoustimac.

Each time I ordered, the product arrived fast and the quality was far superior than anything I have seen out there. I have ordered samples from several companies before I made my 1st order.

What sold me on acoustimac was the craftsmanship of their product and the fact that I got a live person everytime I ordered. And then of course the prices and the large selection of colors + they dropped shipped directly to my job site which was a tremendous cost and time saver for me.

5 orders later, still same consistent quality, same low price and same great customer service.

I just wish they had a location in my town. Shipping can get expensive but I am sure it is that way everywhere now a days.

Thread Information