Acoustics Problem..

aerosolmusic

Hi guys,
I got a room in my house that I want to convert to 'studio'

The room is 4 by 4, with one of the sides being a slanting ceiling. :)

How do I get the acoustics of this room optimal?
I was thinking of using styrofoam.. But I wasn't sure that that was the best option :)

Sooo, any ideas/tips are welcome! :)

is that feet or meters?

and what is the height to the ceiling along both walls (min and max)?

Its meters :)

The height to the ceiling is about 2 meters on one side, then after two meters the ceiling goes down, to a minimum of 30 centimeters at the other end :)

it will be interesting to say the least, as you have two modes of resonance that will be the same causing there to be significant resonance at that frequency and its integer multiples (harmonics) 43.05Hz as well as 96.27Hz (F slightly flat and G slightly flat)

then with the sloping ceiling other issues come into play as the ceiling to floor resonances change continuously from 86.11Hz to 574.04Hz

does the ceiling slope as a straight line from the highest point or is there some flat area at max height before this starts to happen?

so my thoughts are as follows:

- you face into the sloping ceiling
- position your listening position 1.5 m from the low wall and at the half way point into the room from the side walls
- first reflection treatment should be in direct line of the focus of your speakers
-- use acoustic foam to diffuse the sound and stop it from being reflected around the room
- bass traps in the rear corners to treat the two identified low freqs

see this for more ideas
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/content/55-sound-proofing-versus-sound-treatment.html

Back