Acoustics Help! (Pics Included)

younggunz

Ok,soon I will be changing my whole setup and this set-up will have to do for a few weeks. I will be getting new moniters soon so that I can begin mixing my tracks.

All I wanted to know is were would be an appropiate place to put Bass Traps in my room based on these pics?

Do I need to rearrange my room?

Any help is surely appricated since I really dont have a clue when it comes down to acoustics.

rooompics015ij7.th.jpg

4720334-ba0.jpg

4720335-5aa.jpg

4720336-a04.jpg

4720337-6c1.jpg

4720339-834.jpg

4720410-d0f.jpg

4720412-fd8.jpg

4720413-0ca.jpg

4720414-7a7.jpg

4720415-fe7.jpg

Last edited:
yes you will need to rearrange....and either get a new desk or speaker stands. How big is your room? For bass traps, put them in all the 4 corners, floor to roof, then to look to put some behind you....and some to the side of you.

room_layout_662.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, I do not have my tape measure with me but ill post my room specs once I get off work but my room is not very big.

theres actually a site you can put all your room measurements into, including furniture and it gives you a good idea of a setup. If anyone remembers this site, please post, its been a long time since ive seen it

Disasster said:
yes you will need to rearrange....and either get a new desk or speaker stands. How big is your room? For bass traps, put them in all the 4 corners, floor to roof, then to look to put some behind you....and some to the side of you.

room_layout_662.gif

Just so everyone understands that the setting point is 38% of the room length and you should be facing the shortest wall.

Glenn

Glenn Kuras said:
Just so everyone understands that the setting point is 38% of the room length and you should be facing the shortest wall.

Glenn

Good information. thx

Back