Acoustic control (Foam) but i cant glue to the walls???

SomOne

Ok, I need a bit of help here.

I plan on relocating to a home that i plan on renting with a few friends, but im sure the homeowner will not agree to let me glue any acoustical treatment to the wall (lol) So i will save myself the grief and wont even ask, instead i am now looking into other possibilities. Have any of you heard of any other forumla for acoustical control other than gluing treatment to the wall?

The best thing that i can think of (with the little experience that i have) would be to anchor sheets of plywood to the studs beneath the drywall and glue to that. Although this would cause minimal damage to the drywall finish other than the small holes that would not be much different that holes remaining from picture hanging, Im sure this lady will not allow me to do this (or keep it up if i do it without asking)

Please give me some insight, i need my treatment, but i cant get evicted either.

Staples work well for semi-permanent installations. Tiny holes - simple to repair.

Get some of those foam poster boards, put the acoustic foam on there and hang it up. you could use thumb tacks or something that won't make big holes since there so light.

Thanks for all the tips, those are good ideas, it sounds like I will use heavy duty staples and staple the foam or cardboard (science project) poster boards to the wall, glue the foams to that, and just use a razor blade to slice the excess board away, thanks alot.

Back