2 Pc's in audio setup

O

ourari

How do I sync my pc and laptop in a audio setup? I use cubase sx an I am hoping to record my audio on my pc and use my laptop for midi to lighten the load on one system. Any help in setting this up would be greatly appreciated!

trough a wordclock, but then both pc's need a interface that can work with a wordclock, and you need a good wordclock (in your convertors, or an external one

How Do I Get Cubase Where Do I Get It I WANT THA BEST OF THA BEST IN RECORDING VOCALS AND SHYT ALL THAT KINDA OF STUFF I JUST WANT A PRO AND EXPERT SETUP NA IM SAYEN WORD

Last edited by a moderator:
TKOMONEY said:
How Do I Get Cubase Where Do I Get It I WANT THA BEST OF THA BEST IN RECORDING VOCALS AND SHYT ALL THAT KINDA OF STUFF I JUST WANT A PRO AND EXPERT SETUP NA IM SAYEN WORD
(*I reserve the right to flame on this one someone else can do that dirty work.*)
Well at least you have high hopes for yourself, thats a good start. Google cubase and goto a reseller. Lots of time and money is needed to invest in a professional setup....

ourari said:
How do I sync my pc and laptop in a audio setup? I use cubase sx an I am hoping to record my audio on my pc and use my laptop for midi to lighten the load on one system. Any help in setting this up would be greatly appreciated!

I am thinking you could use a router and network setup between the computers and then just rewire between two or more apps. right?? maybe I don't know... Just a thought.

DirtyCoNn said:
I am thinking you could use a router and network setup between the computers and then just rewire between two or more apps. right?? maybe I don't know... Just a thought.

No, I'm quite positive that won't work. You can use a world clock, or in some occasions you can hook the 2 together with MIDI and use one computer as the MIDI master clock.

TKOMONEY said:

Seriously, I believe your better off buying a high definition sound card which comes bundles with Cubase.
That would be of course a light version of Cubase, but your bound to also get other cool software like reason or fuityloops.

Allot of decent soundcards sell under 200 dollars, and that's way less than that you would have to pay if you would buy the software individually.
Or just even one.

Now I take the liberty to assume that the simple version will do fine for you in the first instance.
Take the time to get familiarized with various light versions, and then if you feel the need for more features; go pro

Good luck amigo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back