Top 3 Active Rappers based on lyrical content not popularity / Who on your list n Y?

O

OmegaFlame

My personal list
1.Lupe Fiasco - love his topics especially on Food and Liquor 2 always been a fan,i think he goes over some peoples head.
2.Nas - What is there to say been very consistent since his debut lyrically.
3.Kendrick Lamar - Very creative and can come hard when he needs to,gave the rap game a breath of life.Needed a new cat who was lyrical young cats forget about the golden days or don't know about it period.

I wish rappers would start back making albums with between 1 to 3 producers total working together and guest artist actually coming in and doing the songs together to much email rapping going on nowadays. I miss the great albums with great album cuts you feel me ?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Drake
2. Ummmmmm........ Meek Mills?
3. Can't think of another.

I'd list Jay, Wayne, Em, Kanye and Nas because of their works over the years, but none of them make the cut with current stuff.

I can't give it to Kendrick for 1 hot verse. Wale and J.Cole just don't cut it for me. Matter of fact...I gotta take back Meek, he's not that lyrical either. He came in with momentum, but he's slowed down alot.

I could list guys like Sean Price, Inspekta Deck(Czarface), Ghostface, Crooked I, but can we really call these guys "active?" If we're talking underground I could list 20...but i'm assuming we're looking for answers like A$ap Rocky? Wiz Khaifa?

Just my opinion, but.....just Drake.

Last edited:
Nas - he made illmatic. Also, his longevity and his ability to stay relevant and work w/ mc's of different eras.

Black Thought - Lyricism, flow, vocal tone. Head man of The Roots. Also from philly.

Paz - Been a fan of mind tricks. Holding it down for a long time now. Def deserves more props. Also, from philly

Ghost - Dope lyrics, great structure to his rhymes. Able to hold his own w/ any mc, lyrically. I'm a big fan of L.O.X

Last edited:
My favorite #1 spot would go to = Lloyd Banks (old lloyd banks) he still has bars but his old shit was way better

But if you want a legit spot of #1 everyone knows its eminem no arguing, people that even put big or pac over em is just strait ****ing retarded.
Once eminem dies I bet he will be labeled #1 once and for all, btw eminem is not even my fav rapper so I'm not on his dick I'm just saying he is legit #1 because of what he does and can do and did and will do.

But if I had a list
-Banks
-Em
-Papoose
-Jr Writer (old shit) I don't listen to alot of him but he did go ham on some tracks I herd
- Lil wayne (sadly enough HIS OLD SHIT aka cannon) Sad enough lil wayne used to go ham on bars too until he became all new school n shit

I'm just going to stop here, the sad thing is there is like 3 more people that I would put on the list but it just goes to show that since I have a hard time thinking of good ones there is not many LEFT. Banks will always be in my TOP 3 eminem will be in MY TOP 3 the 3rd spot goes to someone.

I would say Nas, Kendrick Lamar and Mos Def. They are all dope lyrically But I would have to put Nas @ #1 & everyone else is after that.

Last edited:
Really though, I can't even honestly list three above-ground (mainstream) rappers that deserve mention for lyrical content. Lyrical content just isn't what the media wants right now... for some reason.

Really though, I can't even honestly list three above-ground (mainstream) rappers that deserve mention for lyrical content. Lyrical content just isn't what the media wants right now... for some reason.
yes

7char

lol alot of mentions of Drake, cant believe people are that impressed by his bars... prison(get it? bars... prison)

But who is relevant now really... Kendrick Lamar, Ace Hood & Meek Mill are the only ones id say really got lyrics

Jay-Z,Em & Nas obviously, but theyve been around since 90s(its amazing how only 3 rappers really survived)

Last edited:
Back