Rapper To Perfection

G-ROD

In rapping what are the best ways to go about perfecting a style that is not boring. Whzt if u have a voice that is low and uncharming, what ways can you better it to go along with the flow, and what are some steps to citiqing your flow.

You should take some hints from him . . .

jamiejennedy_narrowweb__200x413.jpg

G-ROD said:
In rapping what are the best ways to go about perfecting a style that is not boring. Whzt if u have a voice that is low and uncharming, what ways can you better it to go along with the flow, and what are some steps to citiqing your flow.

I know you don't want to hear this, but... Practice.

Also, the sound our voice makes, is natural, you can change it. Before you speak, imagine the tone of your voice the way that you want it to sound, and make it sound convincing ( like you're actually saying it ). You'll eventually learn how to do this at will.

I actually taught myself to sing by doing that.

:cheers:

dee2good said:
You should take some hints from him . . .

jamiejennedy_narrowweb__200x413.jpg

haha!!! i remember that show, i also remember when i 1st realized he was actually on tracks.....weird....

CAPS MAKES YOU IMPORTANT

and nah the beat is meh.... ill give it a miss.

*i may have double posted but my 1st one isnt showing up, weird :confused:

G-ROD said:

Just don't lock yourself in to a voice...I rap every word the way that I feel it should sound...Also, I feel that everyone can have an interesting voice if they try...Its moreso your delivery than voice that holds the listeners attention...

Work on adding emphasis to words in the flow and practice using intonation even if it doesn't come naturally

I don't know about you but I don't want to hear someone who sounds monotone throughout a song

put some feeling in it

I agree with the Above.... A major part of rapping is how you emphizise certain words and the feeling/emotion you put into them. When I first started rapping I had good word play, but I couldnt emphisize words because I was spitting so fast.. Now that I have been practicing for years my style has slowly evolved into what it is now

PROJECT YOUR VOICE!
not doing this is a rookie mistake and makes you sound like a rook.
your flow is up to you,whatever style you like,study it and find your flow.

Back