Rap...how To Start Off?

Lets TEACH people to be original and create styles that suite them.... yea ****ing right.
you dont 'learn' to rap, but hey if you guys want to humour him go for it.

Gripp said:
You guys are retarded, and I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with you.

no you guys are retarded

you saying everything u know about writing, you knew when you first started?

the day you wrote your first rhyme, you knew about multies/punchlines/wordplay etc...?

even if you did then not to the level when your a advanced writer.

you can learn to write, you can learn to adapt that to your own style. You just need to have some talent before hand in the delivery of the lyrics.

I know you can learn to write cos ive taught people.

Gripp your the retarded one.. take your keyboard out of your arse hole and eat it .. because the **** your using it for is worthless.

I'm not saying that you can't learn to write. I never even suggested that. All I'm saying is that the person who thinks that the place to learn to rap is a message board shouldn't bother. And I'm right about that.

no not at all, its a good place to learn.

There are usually experienced writers that can help you to learn. Guides like the one ive wrote, can help alot of people and have helped alot of people.

Infact, its one of the best places to learn. Especially if the site is focused on writing rather than producing. Which okay, this one isnt but you can still learn alot about writing on a messageboard.

On the old forum i was on there was a tourney in which every advanced writer picked a newbie and became a mentor for a few week before taking part in a two on two battle tourney with there chosen newbie

i learnt most of what i know about writing from the old forum

mc.majik said:
Lets TEACH people to be original and create styles that suite them.... yea ****ing right.
you dont 'learn' to rap, but hey if you guys want to humour him go for it.
Well I taught 3 young teenagers how to rap for bout a year and a half and now they write their own rhymes and have a myspace pages. They had no clue how to start off. Rapping is english lit so if a teacher can teach english why can't you teach rap?
He asked 'How to start off' not 'Teach me to rap on a msg board' so I don't really know what kinda ingnorant s*** your on

^exactly

he said 'how to start off' well to start off you need to write something....hence learning to write...

you cant go out and buy 'verse writing 101' so messageboards full of experienced writers is a good way to start

no i think your retarded, cos you cant back up your view that learning on a message board is not the way to go

when it quite clearly is one of the best places to learn.

If your going to learn to play basketball, what do you do? play it and play it with people that know how to play it whilst learning the techniques...so if you need to learn to write what do you do? learn the techniques whilst writing alot and being around experienced writers....where can you do that? on a online forum which has experienced writers as members.

Sort it out

one fish two fish/
red fish blue fish/
knick knack paddy wack/
give a dog a bone/

ill lyrics son...multiplatinum.
make a dance and a two track beat to go with it...you got it made.

one-derkid said:
one fish two fish/
red fish blue fish/
knick knack paddy wack/
give a dog a bone/

ill lyrics son...multiplatinum.
make a dance and a two track beat to go with it...you got it made.

Lay off the smack mate.

man...you guys are funny to me. for the guy that started the thread...1st you must have a subject matter that you will be rhyming about. 2nd...once you've determined what you'll be talking about in the rhyme...think about how you would ATTACK the subject matter and proceed from there. it's simple...as well as straight forward.

here's an example...my subject matter will be my disappointment with today's hiphop.

"hey yo...i sat back and watched yo...peepein the game
and since the death of Big and Pac hip-hop has not been the same
it's a flop, it's a shame, when artists that's tops be so lame
it's notta alotta gottas, just coppas a notch below tame!

like emcees that's really hot-get no shot at the fame
workin and writin-gettin lots of frustration and drain
all for the chance at a spot for makin a name
wit hopes of one day being hot-and takin the game"

need i even progress any further!?!!??!!?!?!?!!?!?

Last edited:
P10 said:
here's an example...my subject matter will be my disappointment with today's hiphop.

Most you artists are passed-it, half-wits
that cant-spit but my bars-writ to mask-it
cos i love hiphop even in the state-its-in
its a game-of-sin where everyone aims-to-win
but if it aint bout dames-and-gin its about money
i respect that everyone needs food in there tummy
but these moods aint funny, what happened-to-the-love
rapping-for-the-rush if its happening it aint happening-enough
i happen-to-be-bust but i still buss'-raps
whilst these main-stream names-seem to rush-tracks
fuk-that!, i make music for me-and-others
fuk remixes and weak covers, me and hiphop we-are-lovers!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah...and how many bars is that BB? i hear what you're getting at...but your flow is off and doesn't match up. try spittin' that to any beat and you won't rhyme right.

LMAO p10 .. how does that not flow.lol .. I could flow that over ****in country and western .lol

yeah man wtf!

you must just not know how to deliver it cos that flows like h20

its delivered with slight pauses here and there...you american? cos i reckon your ****ing up the flow with your accent or pronouncation of certain words/syllables.

still...its a throwaway verse anyway

Edit: Ohhhhhh! he's talking bout tea and crumpets (not crumpits) now...sort it out bruv thats weak

Last edited by a moderator:
gimme a link for the beat.and ill show you how IUAR do

Back