Problem Freestyling

I.C.E. Prod.

Hey FP, im a producer, and occasionally i like to songwrite. i like freestyling over my beats, just cuz i get into the mood sometimes, but everytime i start, i either end up rapping another song that i know the lyrics of (just other rap songs e.g. kanye, Wayne, Hopsin) or i end up thinking of something but keep on repeating it. I am sure i cant be the only one with the same problem, so how can i fix it, how can i think of original lyrics on the spot and not start rapping Nocturnal Rainbows over my own beat.

Thanks

- ICE Productions

Well, freestyling is not something that a person can easily grasp. I would suggest reading. Yes reading lol. When you read you increase the directory of words that you have. Some people are limited in a freestyle because they only know certain words that rhyme or certain phrases. Increase your knowledge on subject matter, books, etc..Just Read! haha. Also, another problem with people who want to learn how to freestyle is that they do not know how to pace themselves. I know this from experience as I have been doing so for the last two years. Pace is key. You don't have to rap fast. Take your time, gather your thoughts and preceed to the next line. Once you have that basis, then the speed will come. The last thing II have to say is, practice. Yes, PRACTICE. Just spit haha. In the shower, while your jogging, on your way to work, just spit. Those are my tips to you, hope they help.

-AKA Deezy

The freestylers I know personally don't hear that much foreign rap music hours or days before they enter a contest. Of course, that doesn't help in spontaneous situations:rolleyes:. But it shows that it's a problem the most freestyler have to deal with. So stay tuned and do like DeezyNC919 writes.. practice, practice, practice.

TWITTER: @Dr3vebyBeatz

banner.png

To be honest its gone take a while i mean you going to have to be freestyling any time you can like i do.

Like ill freestyle while playin xbox, or randomly while watchin tv, in the shower, on the way to the kitchen. and if you cant freestyle outloud i would sometimes freestyle in my head in class or on the way to my next class.

Another thing i did to get better cuz i am determined to master freestlying.And what i would do is i would get a bunch of beats that should at to 10 min to 15 min kinda put them into a playlist and freestyle and say whatever comes to my mind.And focus on how you flow rather than what your going to say.if you do this everyday youll get better guaranteed.

Now the problem with saying bars you wrote already. now to be honest thats going to happen sometimes but you can decrease it by alot by just saying anything that come to my mind.I know what your doing (i think i do) i used to do the same thing (still do but not alot) i would be freestyling and when i about to choke or ive ran out of words i would think of a bar i wrote now here the pros and cons of this.

Pro:
you have some time to think about what your going to say next

Con:
You might stop freestyling and just start saying things you wrote. and will once again ruin the point of trying to improve your freestyle

do you freestlye with your eyes open or closed, i do it with my eyes closed.

Because when i freestyle i dont like to see people faces and i get distracted so i could freestly and see something and it throw my focus off.And another thing i do is when the beat starts i listen to it and for 5 seconds or so take a couple breaths and just go at it usually i do better for some reason when i do that.

well i hope i helped :)

my advice is to practice, monitor your breathing, closing your eyes will help, and improve your mental improvisational skills by absorbing all things you see, feel, sense, taste, smell and all that ya dig

Back