Need Criticism/Feedback on flow and delivery!!

ChrisCollins

So I've been told that my flow and delivery and flow are forced. I'm not 100% sure what this means, so could someone inform me?
www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_6650758
Yes, I know it's only a verse, but that's all I have for now. If you could find specific examples of the "forced flow and delivery" in the song that would be cool. And I know that practice makes perfect, but im just seeing if there are any helpful tips/habits I could get into to head in the right direction. And don't worry about offending me, go ahead and rip me apart... builds character lol. :banghead:

I didn't think your flow or delivery sounded too forced really, at least not enough to single it out as something worth critiquing.

You do sound like you're fairly inexperienced, but for someone who is (presumably) a beginner I thought it was alright. Better than most are when they're just starting out... Heaps of potential! Of course there's plenty of room for improvement but I think you're fine for the time being.

Maybe the flow sounded a tiny bit 'labored', like you flowed pretty well on the beat but with more experience/practise you'll probably sound alot more natural on it. And same goes for the delivery/vocals!

Once you're more experienced I'd look at writing with a bit more complexity and penmanship but it's nothing to worry about at this stage! Concentrate on getting really good at all the basics first (like flow/delivery/breath control/relevant lyrics).

Just my 2 cents... but my opinion means no more than anyone else's, so keep that in mind!

I didn't think your flow or delivery sounded too forced really, at least not enough to single it out as something worth critiquing...
Yeah I've only just started recording my stuff within the last couple of months and I'm only a sophmore in highschool so I got all the time in the world to develop my style. Also sometimes when I'm recording and I think I did a decent verse I go to play it back and it sounds like I fell behind the beat a few times. While recording I didn't notice doing that at all, so is it just something that happens without you noticing? What could I do to work past that because I've tried paying attention to it and I haven't had any luck. Thanks for the feedback!

Back