Are my lyrics any good

Jadebartholomew

Hey,

This is lyrics I have just written (my first attempt) I just wanted to put them on here to see if anyone can let me know if they are any good? I think it could possibly be RnB rap maybe even country or pop. Who knows lol.

Thanks in advance.

Can we just take a second, even if it takes us a lifetime.
Sit down and be honest for once, let your guard down.
Everyone around takes the easy route no fight.
Let me tell you easy don’t always make it right.

What are all these phrases, as the story goes.
Confused a little? let me familiarise your souls.
It is what it is, lie in the bed you made.
What comes around goes around, a spade is a spade.

On that note let’s take a moment be sincere to be open.
Think about your pathway the one you’ve claimed to have chosen.
No bullshitting this is your chance to be real.
Recognise the corruption inside and how it makea you feel.

Hypocrisy replaces all respect and virtue.
Lack of discipline rips all conscience clean out you. Here in a world obscured by manipulative pleasures, evil twists itself in unrecognisable measures. Before you know you’re waking the path you swore you’d never. The dark twisted path as a child made you shiver. We justify our sins, lie by emission. What they don’t know can’t hurt them, who the hell are we kidding?

On that note let’s take a moment, be sincere to be open.
Think about your pathway the one you’ve claimed to have chosen.
No bullshitting this is your chance to be real.
Recognise the corruption inside and how it makea you feel.

Just close your eyes, picture being 7 years old. Go back to primary school before your story was told. Can I ask for truth, honesty through and through. I guess that all depends on the question I put to you. When was the last time you remember you were free? From all external pollutants fuck being P.C. Aren’t you sick of saying what you think you should say, only to postpone the pain for another dog day.

What are all these phrases, as the story goes.
Confused a little? let me familiarise your souls.
It is what it is, lie in the bed you made.
What comes around goes around, a spade is a spade

The words “I love you” are far to easy to say
Thrown around like confetti on a wedding day.
Have you ever felt like you’re just floating around?
Drifting through life never making a sound

We justify our sins, lie by emission. What they don’t know can’t hurt them, who the hell are we kidding?
I resonate with this..

Got to hear it on the track to give opinion, might be ultra genius, might be utter garbage. Who knows?

I think those are good. Honestly. Editing is always interesting because sometimes you find different ideas that lead to more and more ideas but I like the idea for sure.

lyrics

They seem good to me. Also would love to hear them put to a beat. I've got stuff you could use for free if you want.

Hard to tell what the flow would be like from just lyrics. Good stuff though. Have a good one.
~Aegir

Back