I need inspiration to write lyrics

Imy786

How do you all get inspiration to write songs?

I have been writing this R&B song for the last 2 months and have got really bad writers block at the moment and cant progress. I used to be able to write a good song in a day but can't do this anymore :cry:

Any advice is appreciated.

First write some poetry it dont gotta ryhme just pour ur heart out...then, Listen to maaad songs...and then, listen to one artists entire album like start to finish, or skip a track or two, but either way just listen to about 80 percent of the album...then ull start to have melodies and words in ur head that will come out in a certain way..the trick it gets u jump started...then after some more writing u take control. hope that helps

listen to a song that makes you think about life.

let your mind take you, and write about what your thinging about.

dont fight the topic its thinking about, let your emotions roll out

gingko biloba... not even kidding. add it to your daily diet.
as well, you can try a different "method" of writing.
how do you usually write? pen and paper?
try using Notepad on a computer instead. (or vice-versa)

something that sounds stupid but has been amazing for me personally... write while you're standing up. not sitting.

i'm the kind of guy who does his best thinking whlie pacing (i.e. standing and moving around, not sitting slumped over stagnant, know what i mean?)

those might be some things worth trying.

Inspiration often comes from other people... Try spoken word cafes, go to a comedy show, or some local rappers mixtape release party... It may sound crazy, but competition brings out the best.. Even if the rapper is "wack" in your opinion...

one thing i did was look up sayings or like quotes from confucious or a great philosopher and see how it relates to a situation youve had in your life that helped me the ideas just started flowing after awhile

Pay attention get inspired/ keep an eye on your surroundings/ free your mind and let it flow/ just listen while the beat is pounding/ you can spit it from the top/ and tear the beat straight to the ground/ when you formulate your flows/ hittin hard with heavy blows...

Don't force it just let it come natural. When its ready it'll hit you like a ton of bricks

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Pay attention get inspired/ keep an eye on your surroundings/ free your mind and let it flow/ just listen while the beat is pounding/ you can spit it from the top/ and tear the beat straight to the ground/ when you formulate your flows/ hittin hard with heavy blows...

Don't force it just let it come natural. When its ready it'll hit you like a ton of bricks

writers block come from lack of inspiration.

so in order to continue, first things first you cant force it, thats how you end up with those garbage lines that 90% of the music industry come out with.

secondly you need something that moves you, people will say listen to a song but it doesn't have to be that. it could be a powerful film, a person, a piece of art. or maybe just a story (fact or fiction) that you have an opinion on.

it helps if your inspiration is to do with your subject, ill assume your song is about a relationship/girl/boy (not trying to be narrow minded about RnB, just assuming forgive me haha). So if theres ever been a special someone in your life, you need to think about that person, romanticise them out of all proportion in your head, visualise things that never happened but seem like they could, completely exaggerate everything you loved about them or didn't love about them depending on the subject.

thatlll get the juices flowing.

take a long break and come back refreshed, you'll find you're game stepped up when you return. Really works.

I first come up with a concept.

Ex. I want to make a love song in a first person that flows like a conversation. I want to be mello and witty.

Then come up with a phase you want to say. Then build.

Whats up FP? I usually find myself brainstorming throughout the day trying to manifest lyrics...If I hear a phrase I like I bag it and work a song around it...For example my friend said the following words to me the other day: "Homie with your shoes I could walk on water" To me that sounds like music.. so what I do is write that down and let nature take its course...I don't force myself to write a song on the spot...I just wait and absorb from life and keep adding lines until I feel it's done...Let reality be your inspiration!! Take from life and create rhymes!! Peace&Respect.

Back