How to rap with feeling???

RhyanCrisis

i notice when i write raps... i tend to get caught up in wordplay and content.... and less on the feeling.... so when i recite the rhyme or perform it on the mic to record..... people say... "rap it with more feeling..." how do i rap with feeling (angry, sad, happy, etc) cause when they do say that... all i do is rap louder... which doesn't capture a feeling.... Any advice? thanks

You gotta write with more feeling. If the lyrics mean something to you the emotion will show on the track.

One thing I re-learned quite recently is that if you wanna rap with feelin, you caint rap the same the whole track as in you caint rap the same. Yeah, I know, obvious lol but when you talk normally your inflection changes and you gotta rap the same way. Theres gotta B the same highs and lows in your raps that there is in your everyday speech, I'd say thats part of makin your raps more emotional

generally what inverted said. You have to feel what your writing. Don't be shy, make sure your not hiding behind your lyrics when you write.

Spill your heart out. Give the listener a meaning behind your writing. Portray your strokes as an artist throughout the song, but make sure the listener can see the whole picture after the last word you say. This is the only way I can really explain it. I'm not too focused on emo tracks, but I do have a couple. Here's a few.

Breathe av Illestrait | Låt | Kostnadsfri musik, lyssna nu
The Letter av Illestrait | Låt | Kostnadsfri musik, lyssna nu
These are very old. I made these while I was in highschool, about 5 years ago.

If the lyrics mean something to you the emotion will show on the track.[/QUOTE said:
I agree with Invert, You must feel what your writing about there's is no acting with feelings, Its like when you hear a rap and it gives you chills on how much feeling they show. For example like you said "angry, sad, happy, etc" If you feel like the beat brings an angry vibe then think of something that pist you off whether it was ten years ago or 5 minutes after it happen, If you feel like a beat puts you in a happy mood hit some good and get in your zone haha. Another thing is you must feel the music/instrumental that you are writing to. If you don't feel the music you are writing to it makes it more harder for the listener to feel what you are saying. This is just my opinion as one lyricist to another, Hope it helps Good luck.

Aight everything everyone said is good I am going to add something here...

IMO what you do is imagine you are just talking...just imagine you are either tellin a story or preachin or WHATEVER

the point is though, that you could do the shit without music, and it would still be entertaining, that you do not necessarily have to yell or anything but can pretty much just speak on it ...

that has helped my game out a lot but for a long long time i was so focused on wordplay and havin ill rhymes and this and that where now i trust that my wordplay is sick and mostly focus on 1) having good flow 2) content 3) word play....

but before ALL of that... my focus is to make sure that what i am spitting i would not be embarassed about no matter what situation i was spitting it in...

this is not cut and dry either because maybe i want to write a party song that would def not be cool for a sad times... my point is that this is where i am at and what i am doing is just writing stuff that i feel comfortable as if i were just being myself and talking..as opposed to REACHING UP FOR THE RAPPER THAT I WANNA BE... I JUST BE and LET IT BE

ya dig ? keep it real son. keep it treal.

Il think you'll be alright now, just take the advise from all these forums. Everyone learns in there own way (just my opinion from reading all the forums. I been in the same position you are and It took me a while but I figured out how, I just changed it up all the time and I picked which style I liked the most. Im sure this forum will help you a lot.. Good Luck

Where can I hear you music?? I would like to check it out if you have anything posted...

i got a couple of songs and beats up here.
go so far - YouTube

I like them songs you be on bro your lyrics are good and the vibe of the chorus fits in just fine. In paticular my favorite is the "Keep Finding Money" gotta catchy beat and the quality is clear. Good work keep it up.

Another thing on songs like "Go So Far". You wrecked that track as well as the chorus it is very good but I would recommend as you get further into your productions and you get better equipment for your recording such as (quality sound proofing material and a quality mic. It might jus be me but the track sound like it has a little distortion. Or another way you could just pay someone to mix and master you lyrics with your beat. There are alot of them on this forum. I like your music though its got a lot of potential. Good Luck.

Also those beats are sick :berzerk:

Last edited:
Spill your heart out. Give the listener a meaning behind your writing. Portray your strokes as an artist throughout the song, but make sure the listener can see the whole picture after the last word you say. This is the only way I can really explain it. I'm not too focused on emo tracks, but I do have a couple. Here's a few.

I love It

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

i should mix that track i downloaded it also

thanks a lot bro, i really appreciate the love and you taking time to listen to me, and yeah i always welcome criticism instead of (oh i like your stuff lol)just curious which tracks you hear distortion on?,

thanks a lot bro, i really appreciate the love and you taking time to listen to me, and yeah i always welcome criticism instead of (oh i like your stuff lol)just curious which tracks you hear distortion on?,

Nevermind bro. First time I listened to it I was on my headphones but i just was banging it at the house I was talking about "Go So Far" but really what im talking about the chorus (Hook) for it. I think its more of background sounds more than disortion. For example there is a differ person on the hook or you with you voice changed up either way. After Go Far right at 38 secs from the start thats what I think sounds a little off. The chorus is good lyric wise its just when I hear that one part at 38 sec. the quality seem different from the verses to the chorus. The verses sound more clearer and the chorus is what sounds a little distorted. Its just my opinion bro. That's one of the major things about producing music. You make it how it sounds best to you. Jus throwing that out there for you.

Sounds good so far. Keep on working at it. You got my support!

Back